Thursday, September 1, 2022

September 1, Such a Day!

 If you follow me, if you know me, if you give one damn whatsoever about me, you will (would) know that I love the Bee Gees. I am not their first fan. I am not their last fan. I am not even their biggest fan. I am simply a genuine and solid fan of the Brothers Gibb; all collectively, and individually. I suppose by saying individually, I can throw Andy in that mix as well. I love me some Andy Gibb, right up there with Barry, Robin, and my absolute favorite brother, Maurice Ernest Gibb!  So what does that have to do with September 1?  Barry Gibb was born on this day in 1946. (Sorry Barry, no worries, most people don't do the Math, and besides, when we get to Heaven there is no such thing as age!) 

    Not only was the famous and fabulously talented Barry Alan Crompton Gibb (Sir Barry Alan Crompton Gibb) born on September 1, he was married to his gorgeous and lovely wife Linda on this day as well.   They were married on September 1, 1970, so they celebrate 52 years of marriage today! WHAT? He's only 29, how did that happen? No way!! Oh, I suppose time flies when you're in love.  Happy Anniversary to the two of you, and happy birthday Barry!  May God's grace eternally shine on your lives and forever more. It won't be long. We will be there, and I can't wait for the first concert. No, really, I am standing in line, and I don't care if it takes forever because I have that long when I'm there! Ha!  If for NO OTHER REASON than to hear the Bee Gees sing again, folks need to come to Jesus.

    September 1, 1980 was the date another fantasticly wonderfully talented and unforgettable man was born.  Stephen John Macleod of Edinburgh, Scotland.  He is, as you may know, the former lead singer for the gospel folk band Celtic Worship, and he has struck out on his own for now; having I think four solid and genuinely impressive LPs to his name before he joined the band, and then an EP of his own work after he was associated with them.  You can find his work online through his social media pages and at Spotify, Apple, and other places.  He goes by Steph Macleod, not Stephen, so you need to find it that way. You won't be disappointed. The man is quite worthy of listening to, and if you happen to relate to his words, then the better things are. Give him a prayer and a nod when you think about it.

    Another man, a great man, even though he is a TEXAN, who was born on this day in the year 548 B.C. is Bill McFarlin.  Bill and I met through our dogs about 100 years ago.  He was on a CBS-TV show called "America's Greatest Dog" and I had rejected their invitation to be a part of the show.  Bill and his dog Star, a gorgeous orange and white Brittany Spaniel became fast friends with Faith and me.  We met several times at expos, shows, road tours, etc.  He was and is such an inspiring man who has endured so much and through his continued faith in God and Christ, has risen above surgeries, setbacks, trouble, and of course, the ultimate curse of having to live in the State of Texas like a prisoner!  He has Stockholm syndrome at this point, he loves it down that way. He actually believes (in his heart) that he's in the right place. I shake my head, but I love you, Bill!!  Kiss Sherry for me.  Happy Birthday Old Man!

    Others were born on this day, a good mention would be a little lady who we met 12 years ago when she was turning 12.  She was at the barn we boarded at, and though she herself didn't own a horse, there was NO ONE and I do mean NO ONE more knowledgeable about horses than this young girl. She could outride, out talk, out know anyone of us. I continue to refer to Mackenzie McClintock as the greatest horsewoman I've ever met. She turns 24 today, and it is just unthinkable for me to think that. Freckle-faced, grinning, always smiling, always happy, always on top of someone's horse, she was and is the best of the best when it comes to riding. Today, of course she has owned  her own horses, and she has been to world events.  I don't know what she's up to today, but every September 1 I think about her. 

    It's just such a great day to start something! I expect the weather to turn cooler. I expect the pumpkin spice lattes to flow. I expect really good things to happen just because September 1 has rolled around. I don't think I will be disappointed.  For all of these and anyone else who is celebrating a birthday today, Happy YOU day!  Here is a link to Charlie Garrett's Genesis (Bible) Sermons. It's the best gift I can give to anyone. No matter what your birthday is, this is a great gift. It will take you almost a year to finish them probably, but then you have the next 65 books of the Bible to go, so no worries. Heaven will wait, and if it doesn't, it's a WIN WIN!!  Charlie will be there and we can listen to him in person, RIGHT AFTER the Bee Gee concert, and then of course we have to listen to Steph, and if Bill wants to sing, I guess we can put up with that for a minute.  Mackenzie will have horses to train - - I know where she will be.

Happy Birthday(s) and Happy September EVERYONE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MW2CdP4qBdE&list=PL6Xj_bNWUPxcSDP-5PB

Barry Gibb



Steph Macleod



Bill McFarlin

Mackenzie McClintock




No comments: