Saturday, September 10, 2022

I Need a Garage!

     When I think about it, I have a list of quite a few things that I really need but I don't have, and a garage (and a wife) top the list.  A garage is where I would be able to store most of the stuff in my apartment that I don't use all the time, but I don't have room for it in my closets, so it's just sitting around like furniture. I say I need a wife because I know I could use a good wife! I'm not into the whole girl-girl thing, but wives can be so handy at times. They cook, they clean, they put things away, they make beds, they feed animals, they take kids places, they run baths, they do laundry, they go grocery shopping, and they put cute pillows on the couch.  Wives make decisions and if I had one, a wife, I wouldn't have or need to make decisions. I used to not have to make any decisions because my kids lived with me full time, all the time. Those were the days! I could wake up and take my first deep breath just knowing that every waking second of my life that day would be orchestrated and planned. Not so much now.

    I need a garage because I really need to have a garage sale, but without a garage, it would just be a sale and I'm not sure I could get a permit for that.  I can check into it I guess.  I need a garage because when the storms come I could park my car in it and not have to drive the short distance I do drive now to park my car under the roof of the parking garage behind my apartment.  I need a garage because then I could have a washer and dryer hooked up inside of that garage and I wouldn't have to take my dirty clothes for a walk around the complex and to the washing machine that I have to pay to use. I need a garage because I want a place to set up a tornado storm shelter in the corner and know that during the bad times I can have a hidey-hole to pray in without worrying that I'm going to go see Jesus before the prayer is finished. (He's been so gracious to us!)

    I need a garage because garages have access to attics and I would have the best attic out there. I would finish it out and have storage sections. I would make a little grid thing up that way, and have plans and assigned places for my boxes. I would make a really cool chart (maybe even color coded) to show where my things were stored and when they were stored so I could make sure to rotate them into the flow of being seen and used! This is a really good reason to have a garage and now I want one really really badly.  I see signs everywhere that say "Garage Sale" but when you get there it's not really for sale. Liars.

    I've lived in this apartment for about seven years now. I had a really nice garage in the house I lived in before this. It was only a one-car garage, mind you, but I had enough room on either side of my car to store boxes, water, a mini-fridge for fizzy water, and I had all my archery things hung up on a little peg board thing. I had a table, a sort of workshop thing, and I could do my pottery.  My kiln was in the corner on casters, I took it just outside the garage to fire it up so that it wouldn't accidentally spark a fire with any fumes that may escape the car. I'm not stupid. LOL...you may have guessed that I did that once, a long time ago.  OOPS!

    If I had a garage it would mean that I have a house! You can buy garages separately but they're called sheds. You'd still need a place with land to put it on, but yeah, if I had a garage it would purport that I also had a house. It's time I had one again. I love my apartment, but it's too small for what I have. I could sell off a bunch of it, but then I'd just gather stuff right back, and we do that. I need a house. I need rooms. I need shelves in those rooms. I need boxes, crates, and buckets. I love baskets. I could do baskets for the nicer things I see and use all the time. I don't really have a lot of useless stuff but I have a lot of stuff stuff. I could trim that back a bit. If my stuff was a person she/he/it would be overweight, but not obese; does that make sense?

    The plan has changed recently from working, saving, moving to Scotland, and continuing to work from home.  The new plan is to work, save up money, move to a house, and continue to work from the house. If I have to work out of the house I'll continue to save, use that money to trade, and make enough on trading what I saved, so I can quit my job and stay home and trade. I think, however, with all the remote opportunities these days, I'll be able to find work from home soon after I get my Series 66/7 licenses to trade for others. I can trade for myself now, without these licenses. The plan is a good plan. It will take me less than a year, and because I plan on only visiting Scotland in the spring, I will have enough to do both that and put down 4% on a house here; probably in Norman, OK. (Boomer Sooner)

    There are really awesome PINTEREST ideas for garages too, and if you know me, you know I'm already on that. I've been eye-balling peg boards, saw horses, ladders, and hooks. I am into the whole organization style of living and if I can I'll even paint the concrete floor of my new garage to make it that much more adorable. This garage of mine will be the envy of every neighbor who secretly wished they too could paint an Armstrong tartan pattern on their garage floor, and keep every do-dad they owned up on the wall in an exquisitely coordinated fashion. This will be a feat and something I am ready to take charge of soon!  Soon!

Photo Credit: Pinterest.  Not Tartan, but you get the idea

No comments: