Thursday, June 2, 2022

Chicken Salad Snobbery.

 No matter what I'm doing on a Sunday I always crave Chick-Fil-A. I can't be the only one who does that! I'll be like, "Oh yes, I need a ....oh, yeah, it's Sunday, they're closed!"  Cane's is literally across the street from Chick-Fil-A here in the middle of OKC, but I don't even know if they serve a chicken salad or not. I need t check into that.  When at CFA (not to be confused with KFC) I always get the same thing. I am just such a predictable girl that way. I only only only go to CFA if the line is short. That's the other thing about me. I can be dying for a Market Chicken Salad but if there are 6 or more cars in the line (queue for those in the UK) I really just leave the parking lot and pull into Braum's where I know I can get a Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad for less money, and it's not bad - - and yes, they are always open on Sunday! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

    When it comes to chicken salads I am a bit of a meanie. I really am. My friends hate me when I put pineapple on my pizza and they hate me just as much when I tell them I get the chicken salad with the fruit rather than the savory toppings they're used to. I can understand loads of cheese and bacon on a salad, I really can, but when I want my chicken salad I want it with fruit!  CFA serves it with Feta cheese! They give me packets of crushed almonds and granola!! I still end up putting more cranberries on top. I love crannies with my chicken, it's a thang and it's my thang, so it will be done.  Oh, and no actual poppy seed dressing, too much sugar - - apple vinegar or balsamic; nothing drastic like a cream ranch or zesty anything. 

    If I had to be honest, and I say that as if I'm not, but I am, I would say I eat at least 2 or 3 chicken salads a week, and today was the FIRST CFA chicken (Market) salad in weeks because every time I drive by the restaurant I can't get near the place due to the line stretching out to and past the curb! It should be illegal to allow people to do that. It's a traffic hazard just stop! POLICE!!!  That's just me, I am usually pretty hacked that I can't get anywhere close to the sweet order takers who always make it their duty to make you as happy as you can possibly be. LOVE them.  I told my daughter to HURRY home so we could try and beat the crowd tonight. We did it!! We pulled into the line in and were the 3rd in line. (They have two lines) and just as we pulled in the place opened up! Six, ten, fifteen cars right behind us! WE DID IT. We had our food within 3 or 4 minutes of ordering and let me tell you, they don't cheat you on the amount of chicken they put on top of your salad at CFA! NOPE.

    Laura usually orders the #1 or the regular Chick-Fil-A sandwich with CFA sauce, but not today. She did the Cob Salad and she was over in her room just loving it. I could hear her bragging about it to her European friends who don't have a CFA. They wanted to know if it was like KFC....goodness, can you be less offensive please? Don't compare the two. It's drastic. It's really sad. Chick-Fil-A is just an amazing chain and if you don't have one you need one. Write to them and make it happen. Just maybe ask your city engineers to pick a location where when the cars start to line up they don't end up with cars waiting over 30 minutes to get into the ordering stage. It's just sooooooo not good for traffic and it makes me wonder who would be legally responsible if they were hit by oncoming traffic while in line. If that were to happen you'd miss your place in line and you'd miss that sandwich too. I mean, you could go in and order it I suppose. I wonder if many people just do that and skip the line.  Sad note: I did break my straw when I pulled it out of the wrapper to put into my tea! I sliced it in the middle, you can't recover from that! First World Issues MUCH?

    I'll give it to CFA for the salad, but Braum's does have better iced tea. You have to specify at CFA that you want UNSWEETENED tea, whereas at Braum's you say REGULAR tea. Thank you. It is regular tea. I may be from the South, but no sugar in my tea thank you! I don't like it in my hot tea, and I don't like it in my cold tea. I like my sugar in chocolate!  That's about it, I just wanted to brag a little on my dining choices tonight. I made it through CFA in record time and the chicken was the best. RANKED #1 in my book -- and yes, my book does count.  It's a great book.

PHOTO CREDIT: Wallpapersdsc.com


No comments: