Tuesday, September 8, 2020

The Written Word - The Hidden Truth

 So, I am a graphologist. ("But of course, you are." you say.) It's true. From my early years of education I have been interested in the way people write so I began studying it. Remember, I'm a thinker and thinkers think. People who tinker will always tink, people who write will always write. People who choose to watch birds have probably done so since before they can remember, and I (Jude Stringfellow) study words.

WHAT is a graphologist? Well, it's not the easiest thing to explain really. The best short answer would be that a graphy will look at what is written and then determine the mood, attitudes, hidden thoughts, secrets, even overlooked details of a person's life and habits just from what or rather HOW they wrote out the letters of their words. I said "HOW" because it really isn't about "WHAT" the person wrote, it's the way they literally form and construct each letter of each word. You'll never ever ever never write the same thing the exact same way twice no matter how hard you try. There will always be a small distinction. Therefore, a graphy looks at the entirety of the sample for characteristics which are mostly similar and forms an opinion (and it is only an opinion) as to what lies beneath the scratched ink or pencil marks. You could write the same sentence over and over intentionally if the graphy needed to see a particular letter for further examination; for example, to determine if I believed you were hiding a secret I may ask a you to write the sentence "I am often able to analyze art" so that I may see the way you form your "a" on a consistent basis. What I do then is look at your "a" and "o" to see if they are open at the top or not. If your "o" is LOCKED and your "a" closed, you may very well be holding an enormous personal secret. 

Over the years I have used my skills in positive ways only. I don't believe in parlor tricks and abusing the skill by making money off the handwriting of others. I have literally given away my opinions about others' handwriting(s) so as to help others who may need to seek help with their mental conditions and/or prisoners in jail be examined who may otherwise may simply be ignored when they have bottled up anxiety or are in severe needs they may not be aware of. Yes, I can see manic behavior in a person's script. I can tell if a person has recently been fighting with their significant other, as the curve of the "y" will point downward or be completely non existent, straight, and short rather than the loopy type of a "y" that we were all taught to write in grammar school.

Remember, we were all taught to write pretty much the same way, there was a WAY to write. We were taught to write in cursive at about the age of 10, and it is the cursive word that I study. The worlds of graphology took an enormous hit when teachers failed the world by refusing to teach children to write in cursive. The cursive word is an art form.

We were taught to WRITE not print. Printing was the start of our education regarding writing. We practiced it, we began our cursive training, and we all came to a means and way of our own after years of writing. We created within ourselves what would become OUR handwriting. It could be neat, it could be sloppy, and still have the same characteristics that a graphologist will seek out to determine what is hidden behind the word itself. The slant matters, the height, lack of height, roundness, even the density or the hardness of which a person presses the pen or pencil to the paper counts. The neatness isn't all that important to me when I read a writing - I'm looking for secrets, of course I'm going to look beyond the wrapping paper to find the prize!

In your writings you hold your life. In your hands script you hold your past, your present, and often your hopes and thoughts of the future. It literally changes nearly on a daily basis in some cases. There will be permanent markers of course, the height of the strike in your "d", "h" and "l" will remain similar, but the day to day differences in the way you form your "g", "y", and "p" will tell me how you are/were doing on the day you wrote the piece before me. Let's look at your capital "I" for example. Do you put a top and bottom strike on it? Do you print it instead of writing it out in cursive? If you do print it out, and there is no top or bottom strike, either both of your parents are deceased or you have been detached from them for quite a while, and STRIKING it out on your own. (again, it's conjecture, not actual science based)

Holding your emotions in may seem like a good thing but when you write anything out they all come flowing out of your head, our of your stomach, out of your soul, and onto the paper through your own hand. I wouldn't say your hand is betraying you. I would say, as a graphologist, that your hand is helping you cope with the realities that are occurring in your life and just maybe you're asking for help or letting the world know how happy you are if that pretty "y" has a big fat loopy bubble and a distinctive swirl at the end!  If you're having vivid dreams, lucid dreaming, I would be able to tell. If you're angry and just want to punch something, yes, I can tell that too.  I catch myself analyzing my own handwriting most days and then asking myself why I'm rushing, why am I in such a hurry all the time? I know the answer. I think the rapture is coming and having to get everything done NOW!  Before time runs out for good.

Why would it matter to you, the reader, if some obscure woman in an average little life of her own would be a graphologist? It may not matter one tittle to you, but if I am one you know there are others who also read your life in the words you produce. It's rather like throwing out the trash in some ways. Once you've thrown it out the trash becomes public property. Did you know that? Anyone can go through the trash you threw out once you discard it. Likewise, anyone can read your writing(s) and know what you're thinking, feeling, needing, wanting, dreaming, acting upon, etc.  It took years and years to perfect this skill, so it's not something I take lightly or throw around easily. I use it when I teach to see who I can trust, who will lie to me about doing their assignments, who will be a stand up student, and who may choose to slack off or need extra help. It can be pretty darn handy I may add when determining how to approach a class of 30+ people who come from every walk of life.

If I were to ask you right now to write out on unruled paper (because I can see how your letters relate to each other better if there are no lines to guide you) and your words are running close together from line to line - you are trusted. If your words are spaced evenly one right after the other, you trust others. If your words are far apart line by line but close together word to word, you are not all that trusted by others to complete a task or carry out a promise, but you do trust others and perhaps you trust too quickly.  It's an art. It's a science. It's an opinion, but one that has been proven worthy of my examination for years now.  You may never ask me to read your writing. You may be afraid to ask me now. You may think I'll make something up (parlor trick) or say something I already knew about you, such as your parents being divorced.Yes, you'll reveal that in your capital "I" as well. There are just too many things you let out without even knowing it - - so don't worry about it. Don't let it stress you. If you do your slants will change! LOL

Relax. There aren't many of us out there. Only a few of us, and most of us don't really look that hard anyway. When people think of handwriting analysts they typically think of the people brought in to determine if a check was actually written by the person they believe it was written by, or some letter being presented in court. The expert is also a graphologist, but their reputation is on the line when they go to court and they study an entirely different thing than what I study. They study consistency, size, angle, slant, density, patterns of loop, etc. in order to compare the likelihood of a document being written by the same hand. I look to see WHAT the person left in terms of their life's experiences inside those letters. Hope that clears things up!




No comments: