Monday, April 10, 2023

The Murder Book - - HAS BEGUN!

This is the official notice for the start of the new book titled "Murder Book".  It is a novel, and as you can probably tell from the title, it is a murder mystery.  It takes place between 1930-1932 or so, and it will have a few sites to traipse; Oklahoma, Chicago, and the great country of Scotland.  The City of Edinburgh will have the lion's share of attention I believe, but I will refer to the other locations as well as establish their necessity when they need to be needed. I'll inform the reader about the area, the times, the styles, the cultures, the laws, the by-laws, the traditions, and even the rumors about each location. There will be a few lines that may end up being catchphrases for Nick Posh.  Nick Posh is my detective for the series; and yes, there will be a series of Nick Posh detective novels. You have been told.

    The way I start a book is the most simple way possible. I have ideas that roll around in my head so I grab a new notebook, usually a composition notebook, and I start writing those ideas down. I probably have 30 composition notebooks laying about the house at this point. Some have murder story ideas, and others are romance novels. I have two for poetry because I lost the first one and then found it after I wrote out a few poems in the 2nd notebook. It happens.  Nothing happens, however, unless and until it is written down, signed, and then witnessed. You can't be too sure these days.

    Murder Book is going to be a spin-off type book; a book that assumes the action in the middle of its prime. This way, I can write the prequel as well as the sequels. I can do a flashback, I can do flashforward. I can dream, dance, prance, and scheme. I can completely go wild - - and I will.  I haven't been so excited about a book since my last book.  I have another one in the works too; one that will make this one seem like child's play in terms of me getting excited about writing it. That one will be amazing!!  For now, I have to appease myself with the series as it is and see where it goes. I have this series and the romance series to work on, so I should be pretty busy. I don't know if I'll ever have the money to get them all published, but they'll all be written and ready to go, then I can always do a GoFundMe or something to send them off to the publisher. OR....here's a thought, people can buy the other book, "Of Kilted Pleasure" and I can use the proceeds of it to fund these new books!! YEAH!! That's the real plan. 

    So far, I have about seven typed pages of notes. I need more. I am developing characters now, and deciding who dies, how they die, how they are covered up, and who they are mingled into and mixed up with in the other books. I'm also trying to find ways to use the books as a means to inform and educate the readers so they're not only entertained but they are educated as well; making their purchase an even better deal. See how nice I can be? No, don't tell anyone. Let them think I'm the biggest shrew out there. Why should they know I'm really an angel in disguise? Nope. Let them believe I'll hunt them down and force them to read my books!

    The book is NOT called "The Murder Book", but "Murder Book".  Believe it or not, it's the same when you look for it on a bookshelf at a store or library as the word "the" is never considered when filing. Crazy, huh? What if I wrote the book "The". LOL...don't tempt me. I'm just the sort of person to do that. Murder Book will be about 330-350 pages, it will be a 6x9 inch black and white novel. It will not have any photos in it, but I will have a nifty cover with Nick Posh in illustration form. Think Dick Tracy but he won't be wearing yellow.  He's more of a Paul Drake sort of guy if you watched the Perry Mason television shows from the 50s and the 60s.  He's tall and has grizzled hair in this book, but dark in the prequel. He'll eventually turn grey and be the man we expect all rugged gumshoes to be after 30 years of digging in the trash of the criminal elements of slummy backstreets.

    Nick has a past you know. He's on the case to both solve it and to cover up any evidence that could be used against him in a prior incident; I can't give too much away now. You'll like the story. You'll remember it too, and that's so much more important to a writer. Do I tease you now, and give you the start of the book, the very first line? OK, I've actually given it to you before, are you ready? "There's a reason they call her 'Plain Jane'". 



Photo Credit: MyComicShop.com 


No comments: