Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Sex, Murder, Cover-Up, Self Defense, Love, Fantasy - - It Has it All.

 My book "Of Kilted Pleasure" is available on Amazon. Here is the URL. I made it smaller so it would fit nicely.  https://tinyurl.com/OfKiltedPleasure  So cute. I wanted the book to cost less than $18.99, but they posted it at $19.99. I don't like that, but there's nothing an author can do about it. We're told to double the cost of the print and add another factor so we make our money. I earn about $2.10 per book at the price they've set it at. I hate that. When it's ready for eBook form, I can place the cost at $5.99 and make the same amount. I'll do that for sure. I want the book out there!! I want people to read it. 

    I'm sitting down with the book now and reading it for myself as if I had never read it before. This seems odd to me, and maybe it does to you as well, but I want to be able to think about seeing the book, buying the book, and just sitting down with it and not knowing what to expect. Of course, I also realize that's impossible since I now only wrote it, but I've read it about a dozen times throughout the editing process.

    The first thing I've come across as a new reader is that the author wanted to capture the reader's attention immediately, and she may have gone a bit overboard on the whole sex thing; then again, not really. I've also read other romance books in the Scottish Highlands, and my book is somewhat tame by comparison! I think I'll write another one but have it taking place in the Scottish Borders just to prove that those living in Hawick, Galashiels, and Kelso can hump, pump, and bump just as well as those on the other side of the country. Geez, that was terrible. I'm so sorry! 

    I will write to as many mental health service companies as possible to let them know about the book because one of my characters deals with anxiety, depression, lower self-esteem, and even isolation issues. He doesn't get over it; he doesn't get cured of it. He works through the individual issues one at a time, and he fights himself over it.  He hurts, lives, and is wounded, but he works through these problems the best he can. He seeks help, asks for help, accepts help, and sometimes he just blows up or takes it all internally. He's a very normal man. I want people to know it's OK not to be OK all the time. We suffer and work hard to make things happen when or if we can. If not, we hurt.

    I'm very blessed in that I've never been one to suffer from any lengthy ordeal dealing with mental health. I've been depressed. I've been anxious. I've been sad and upset with myself, but it only lasts a bit before I pull myself back to my belief system, and through faith, I work through the harder issues that I know I can't handle on my own. God helps me. I'm blessed to have that faith. I want that for others. The book shows a bit of that. I hope they are encouraged when people with mental health issues read the book. I hope to hear from some of them to let them know they found courage or comfort in my chosen words.

    "Of Kilted Pleasure" is more than just a romance novel. It is a historical novel as well. It is a book about life. It is a book about fantasy. It is a book about an escape to another time and another place. It is full of sex, killing, murder, and mayhem, as well as ordinary life, market, church, food, and romance. I wanted to bring it to the forefront of everyone who lives and has thoughts of love and intrigue. The cover-up is a really good one. I think I like that part of the book the best. As a writer, it's never about the murder or the killing but always more about the disposal of the bodies. That's the fun writing. I think I did it justice. 

    Let me know your thoughts, and spread the word that the book is available. I need to sell about 30,000 to get enough money to move to Scotland on a more permanent basis...help me do that, please!! THANK YOU.  (When I get there, I plan to move to either Fife or the Borders and write another book, or three or six).

Photo Credit: Amazon.com 

No comments: