Thursday, December 3, 2009

You Can Do Anything For 21 Days Right? LOL



Here we are on the 3rd of December. I've decided to make the next 3 weeks JUDE days, just days for me. ME, ME, ME, ME, ME....because I'm needy. I love me, and I tell myself all the time that if I hadn't been me, and I had just met me on the street or probably at a Starbucks, I'd like me. I'd find me to be happy, open, and honest, not to mention cute and sassy -- oh, and if I wasn't dating (which I'm not) I'd ask me out of a date and I'd probably go - - so these next three weeks are just about that. What I would do with me if I could - and I can, so I will.

Me and I are going on a 21-day date with the juicer, the blender, and the salad bowl. For the next 21 days I'm on a 2/3 juice diet and 1/3 solids. For breakfast we're doing the banana, strawberry, zucchini smoothie, and of course we'll mix that up a bit. For lunch it's all about the 5-8 servings of veggies and fruits, and for dinner the same. The difference is, I'll throw a small salad in 2 or 3 times a week, and a several handfuls of nuts and raisins. God knows, I love raisins.

According to the internet and all the sources I can find, going on a juice fast before a holiday like Christmas is perfectly acceptable. It can actually train the mind and body NOT to over eat at parties and gatherings, and it can be a great excuse not to over indulge at all - - just say "Oh, I think it looks great, probably tastes great too, but I'm really trying to stick to this commitment I made for myself." I don't like the word "diet", it's meaningless these days - - so, it's a commitment. I don't know if I can do it the full three weeks, but I can try can't I? I still have that 20-25 pounds to go, and I think it may help.

Oh, and the best part is, I'm exercising too, going to the gym, and doing the balance ball at home with my daily yoga stuff. Who knows, maybe I can give myself a new body for Christmas....at least a healthy one. Juicing is so much better for you than eating the fruits or veggies in chunks. You get 7-10x the nutrients from them. Oh, and I throw in ginger root, sage, all sorts of herbs along the way - - it's all about the antioxidants....that's the part that cleans you out and releases the fat junk hanging out in the cells....more ginger please, thanks!

There you have it, let's see if I can do this, and what I'm thinking along the way - - just 21 days I promise, then it's CHRISTMAS!! Oh, and I'll tell you about Reuben coming home and the girls working, and all that fun information - - but remember, it's all about ME! LOL LOL LOL....go ahead, it's OK to slap me. (I may like it!) LOL

No comments: