Monday, October 16, 2023

Book 10! PUBLISHED!! WOOT!!

 OK, so when you see the photo at the bottom of the page you're going to count the books and say, "There's only 8 books", however, there are two books that I've written that I don't have published through Ingram Spark. One of them, "With a Little Faith" may never be published again. It was a book I wrote, (my first, in fact) as a means of getting my emotions out of my body and head. It was therapeutic at best, and after this long, I can say that it may be, or could be considered an "ex-husband bashing" book. That being said, I didn't write 1/10 of what actually happened in my marriage to that man, so I could have been so so so so very much worse than I was. Just sayin'. I stand by what I wrote in the book, it's just that it may not be the best representation of what I should have done. I pulled the book; I may rewrite it, but I doubt I will.

    The other book, "Faith Alone, Stories of an Amazing Dog" was written as a chapter-type book for kids to read one chapter at a time. It has been translated into a few languages. Many teachers have this book in their classes and they use various chapters for examples of how a person could and should learn life lessons from a little yellow dog.  She's a rock star. It's not with Ingram, I don't need it to be at this time. If someone buys it, they buy it. I don't promote it. I promote the other eight books that are with Ingram Spark.

    My first book with Ingram Spark was "Jude's Almost Daily Blog Book" (The first one) I wrote it using Palmetto as a publisher, and they used Ingram Spark for print and publishing. I assume Palmetto still gets money when the book is sold, I have no idea. I would prefer it to go to Ingram Spark. I use them exclusively at this point. My next books were "Of Kilted Pleasure", my first romance novel, and "Jude's Almost Daily Blog Book 2".  "Of Kilted Pleasure" was published through Xlibris as well, but I took it back. I paid something close to $1500 for that book to be published, and they screwed it up. All of my books have errors in them, and most of the errors are not my fault, but I can't really change them without a huge hassle or having to dole out more cash! I'm not willing to do so, I hope people don't mind me being human.

    After I realized that I didn't have to pay anyone to write, format, edit, upload, or design my book and cover, I wrote more books. I've always had these books in my head, but because it costs so much to publish when you go through a publisher, I was limited as to what I could do. Now, because I know it's free, I'll be writing a lot more. I'll publish a lot more. This is a good thing. I'm a really happy person.

    Ingram Spark is hard to work with in some ways, I'm not going to lie about that. They don't call you, they email only, and they don't always answer your questions, so you have to email two or three times to get the right answer. Sometimes that takes days and it really delays things.  I hate it, but it is free. I have to remind myself of that fact.  Also, they make a mistake and it takes weeks to fix, such as uploading my file and saying it has -1 pages. I can't get the book processed until it is correctly paginated, but I can't do that until they release it, and it's a mess. It happened twice, two separate times, and I was forced to wait three weeks on one, and four weeks on the other.

    With Ingram Sparks, I have 8 books published and ready on Amazon in about a week's time. Two are romance books, two are murder books, two are blog books, and one is a biography while the other is a poetry book. I'll say this, I'm pretty happy about it. I don't like that one of my romance books, Edinburgh, is a 5x8 rather than a 6x9 book, but again, it was something I did, not them. I didn't want to mess it up further by trying to redo the PDF. It also has 2 random blank pages in it; both follow the end of a chapter, but it is upsetting that it's a full blank page and I can't remove it. I mean, I may figure out how to do it, but I don't want to mess up the interior.

    We live, we learn. If the books get to the point that they are selling like hotcakes I'll have it corrected, or maybe I'll just say I did it on purpose so people had a place to write notes....lol.



Photo Credit: ME.


    

No comments: