Tuesday, January 19, 2021

The Power of Prayer

 You say to me with clinched jaw,  "I'm not going to give you anything. You can't make me, and I would never give you anything!"  OK, that's fair,  never asked for anything from you.  You see, when I need something I don't ask you; I ask God.  

Let me ask you a few questions, and you tell me from your heart, from your soul the truthful answer. When you need something, when you really truly want something who do you ask? Who do you go to to pray and ask for that desire? I don't bow my head, get on my knees, hide in the closet and ask YOU for anything. No, if I want something, I go straight to God and I ask Him for whatever it is that I want, and you really don't even come into the picture as far as being able to either produce that desire for me, or to have to authority to give it to me. No. You don't, and you can't. You aren't God. You are not Jesus.

If Jesus, being Jesus, opens a door are you able to shut it?  If He should shut a door are you able to open it? I believe there is a verse or two about that; the answer is simply no, we are not able to open that which He has closed, and we are not possibly able to shut that which He has deemed to stay open. Who are we? He is GOD, so we go to GOD, we don't ask men, there's NO ONE alive or dead (for those who pray to Mary, the various saints, or their dead ancestors) who can bring about a thing, a tiny possible thing even if we begged them to produce it. It's not there, it has never been there, it will never be there, ONLY GOD. 

If you ask of something from God am I able to stop it? Would I have some sort of power or authority over you to make whatever it was that you really wanted NOT be given to you? Then if you are able to say no to my question, why would you begin to imagine that you have any authority or power over my prayer or my desire? You don't. Again, we don't pray to men. We ask of God. We don't trust men (I say men, but I also mean women), we ask and trust ONLY God.  Seems so simple, but really, it's very deep and ultimately profound. There is only one name, only one source, only one fount from which that blessing of life is given; and the security of our being sustained. God....through Jesus' name.

I am secure in knowing. I am secure in my believing, and in my faith, that when I bow my head and ask for my heart's desires I am being heard because I have fulfilled my end of the passage's instructions (obligations) in that I have delighted myself solely in God - - HE is my rock, He is my refuge. I will never ask anyone for anything but through the power of the prayer to Him through the name of His Son Jesus, and in doing so, well, the giving has been set in motion hasn't it? Be still and know He alone will be the giver, and He alone can take away. The good news is, He will never tell one person one thing and another person the opposite thing - - that would NOT be God's way.  If it is to be, it is to be, and there is nothing more to do than to thank Him.  Be blessed and know that if you are being prayed for by someone who truly loves you and wants God to bless you - - you will be fine. You are already fine. You are more than fine, you are divinely covered. 

The power of prayer is one thing, but through the name of Jesus is a GREAT and powerful thing. 



No comments: