Friday, April 19, 2024

Shopping Online

 I have turned into one of those people who goes online and clicks through a few things before I order, and then I order and have it all delivered to me. My niece and I laugh at ourselves online because we often see the Amazon truck driver and think "Oh, I don't even remember what I ordered". It's so true. I did that today. It was too funny too because I had just thought about the thing I bought, thinking how crazy it was that I got it for as cheaply as I did.

    I go to Amazon and type in "clearance" and things pop up. I like going to Amazon because I get free delivery. I'm so spoiled to it. I really am. If I order something from somewhere else now, and it doesn't come with free delivery, I pout! I really do. I say to myself, "No, I'll just pick it up while I'm out and about, I'm not paying for delivery." That's so dumb of me, so first-world! People drive their cars, trucks, and lorries to bring me what I want, and here I am boo-hooing about paying for delivery! Dang!

    Anyway, so I went to Amazon, and I typed in "clearance". One of the first things I saw just blew me away - - I hadn't thought about them, I didn't need them, but yes, I bought them. I bought 100 Tootsie Pop suckers for $20.00 and they are wild berry flavors. All really cool cool cool flavors and only .20 cents per sucker! Woo Hoo! Yes, it's absolutely worth it, and I'm not going to apologize.   Lorna agrees with me. Lorna is my co-worker and friend, and she absolutely LOVES Tootsie Pops so she'll be ordering her own box I'm sure.

    I'm going to go to Amazon right now, and see what is on their clearance sale for the day because they have "flash" sales too. I'm going to be really picky, but if I see something under $10 that I simply can't live without, or something I can get and give as a good gift -- I'm doing it. Let's see what it will be. I'll put you on hold, go there, and come back. 

    OK, I'm back. I didn't get anything, but here are three things that I thought would be good purchases.  First, long sleeved shirts are really cheap right now, as the weather is turning warm. The ones I found were normally $12-19 and they were on sale for $4-5.00.  That's pretty good actually. Then, sheet sets were $12-14 which are typically $19-30 depending on where you go, and the count. These were microfiber.  I didn't buy them because when I move I'll be downsizing from a queen-sized bed to a full. I'm doing that to make room but also just because I only sleep on 17" of the bed, and the dog commands the other side...and more.

    The last thing I looked at and almost bought because it was on sale, was an electric kettle that has a glass middle and an luminous LED light to let you know when it's hot enough. Love that. It was $15 and I may buy it just to have it for when I move. My daughter will more than likely keep the old one. Every house needs an electric kettle! Americans need to realize that. Anyway, the thing is, I like buying online and I think I like shopping online more than I do buying. I'll shop and look, and I'll think...and I'll add something (or twenty) to my cart then go through it a day later and delete most of it.

    What a strange bunch we are! I'm not really all that worried about porch pirates where I live, and besides, another benefit of working from home is hearing the beep-beep of the Amazon truck backing up...this is my clue to go downstairs with open arms and smile. I know it sounds crazy, but sometimes you just find better things online than you do at the store. For me, it's another place where I can pretend! I pretend I'm already in my new place, and I decorate it. I spend LOTS of $$$$ in my mind, and then I delete them all - - saving myself $$$$$ in the process. LOL

Photo Credit: Amazon.com


No comments: