Wednesday, May 3, 2023

MURDER BOOK - CHAPTER THREE DONE

 It is so much fun to just sit down and start rattling off the words that will eventually become a book. I'm really very blessed to be able to have the time to do this. I know it comes at the expense of being terminated from my job, but you take the lemons when they're thrown at you. It may prove to be therapeutic, and I can make one of the bad guys name the same name as the jerk who let me go without fully paying me. I can create a really personalized torture/death scene for the man, or maybe, yeah, maybe instead of dying, he actually LIVES to see his wife and her new lover take everything he ever worked for because he was caught with his literary pants down around his knees at the office with a client. I don't know; maybe something good will come out of this situation, right? LOL....you don't know me well if you think I would do that.

    I'm on Chapter Three, just finished it. The book is titled "Murder Book," and it's really going to be a great one. I know it. I can feel it. I'm getting all the fluff and stuff out of the way right now. I'm fielding curve balls in my brain and scooping up grounders as they're hit my way...way out in left field somewhere. I'm just really trying to find common ground for some of the characters. I renamed Eoghan Kemp to Eoghan Clark MacRae. I like the Mac names when I talk about Scottish folk. Sorry, I'm so cliche, I know, but it's my damn book. By the way, Eoghan is Gaelic and sounds like "Owen", much like my other character, "Ewan" in "Of Kilted Pleasure," but they are not the same guy; they have similar traits, though.

    Chapter Three is a true fluff chapter in this book. It is only there to inform the readers about the characters and to give them some clue as to who, why, how, and when things happen, will happen, and so forth. It's a fluffer. I do that. I fluff. I stuff too, and I'll do that after I write the book. I go back over it and stuff, fluff, add, subtract, and do the overhaul using my words. I think I typically add about 1/4 more than I did in the beginning, so it's not too bad, but it's fatter, oilier, and juicy, and it has added flavor. I don't like dull. I don't do dull. Dull is dull. We can't possibly be that way, nope.

    If the employment situation (or lack thereof) remains the same, I'll end up writing two or three chapters a day and have the book completed in two weeks. I'll take the next two weeks to tweak it, and then I'll shelve it for when I can pay to have it published. I have about six books in my head that need to come out to play. This is the first of the murder crime novels. I have three that are sitting inside my skull right now, all related. I have to do one first, then the next, but before I can do that sequel, I'll need to do the romance sequel. Before I do that one, I have the story of my life told in an exaggerated fairytale, which may or may not be true, but it is fun, and that's another novel genre completely. I like to keep my options open, you know. I think that one will be just fun. I mean, we find dead people, sure, but who doesn't do that from time to time?

    So, that's my summer plan. Do you have one? I should probably start a Go Fund Me for the publishing of these six books. They need to be promoted and produced as soon as they are written, so I'm not pushing them all out at the same time. I'll have to think about that. I'll need to come up with a plan for my plan, as I don't do anything without first planning the plan to do it. I'm redundant, I know. Sue me.  So, that's all for today, Chapter Three of Murder Book is complete, and Fergy has been introduced!  Who is Fergy? Oh, he's the friend that Nick shot once. You'll love him.


Photo Credit: Pinterest.  (1920 Scotland.)

No comments: