Sunday, May 7, 2023

Chapter 8 is DONE!! (Murder Book)

 I managed to write the 5th chapter on Cinco de Mayo, which is May 7th, and I wrote both Chapters 7 and 8 today. I don't think I'll be following any sort of pattern, but I did think it was pretty cool. (Come to think of it, I realize now that I did write Chapter 4 on May 4th!)  Woot!

    Because of the MAJOR and unacceptable catastrophic mistake, I made in my published book "Of Kilted Pleasure". I am now doing so much more research before publishing. Notwithstanding the 12 errors that are easily fixed, I realized too late that I had published the book with a HUGE error, in that I said Oliver Cromwell led a campaign against the Jacobites in 1746 - - Yeah, he was dead in 1658, so that didn't happen....following that, I have hit Wikipedia a bit more often while writing this book. I want the facts to be historical. They don't have to be, but I want them to be. It is (and the other is) a fiction book, but still, you want to be as (I want to be as) close to accurate as possible. I almost said that Lord Byron had written Paradise Lost (in the other book). Can you imagine? OMG...I'm so bad.

    Anyway, I'm in the middle of the first half of the book now. I think the book will end up being 38-40 chapters. It will have more chapters by far than the other book because I'm breaking up ideas and full thoughts. I'm not combining them as much because I'll do a back-and-forth thing with this one; to show different points of view, etc. I sort of did that before, but this one will have more of it.  

    Here is a fun excerpt from the book in Chapter 8, where Eoghan MacRae finds himself in the infirmary recovering from the fall he took at the hands of his soon-to-be former wife. She's in jail cooling her jets, he's on the mend in a multi-patient ward for men, and he's not too happy about it. He's just attempted to leave the place a bit prematurely and has found himself in a pile of floppy-body parts on the floor with his butt in the air shining for the world to see when the nurse comes into the ward to feed the men...here we go.

*****************************************************

CHAPTER EIGHT

The stern middle-aged woman, who had obviously seen a few things during her years in the medical field, cocked her upper lip to the side before addressing the back of MacRae’s head.

“Unless you want me to mount you like a racehorse down there, you’ll need to pick your arse up and get it back into that bed on your own. I’ve got my hands full, you see.  I’m not that easy to catch these days, mister. Others have tried. Others have certainly tried”,

*****************************************


I hope you like it. I love writing it. 


Photo Credit: istockphotos.com

No comments: