Sunday, August 21, 2022

Silly Me! (I am Silly, I Admit it)

 Here, is proof evident, that I am one of the silliest people you may ever run across. It's very true, and I don't shy away from that fact.  I will, just because I can, buy or try something that is supposedly going to work miracles.  I will try it, I will buy it, for no other reason than to test it. I mean, I do have to like it, I won't go so far as to buy or try something I won't like. I have limits.  Today, or rather yesterday, I bought a pair of magnetic earrings.  They were delivered today by Amazon, that's why I said "today".  I have placed them on my ears and now I wait. What am I waiting for you may ask? Well, according to the advertisement they are supposed to help me lose weight; and not just a pound or two. Oh no, I saw the video they posted. That woman went from being a size Hippo to a Gazelle in just a few weeks! (You can't see me laughing, but I assure you, I am.)

    Do I believe these earrings will help me lose weight? No! I have no trust or stock whatsoever in that claim. I bought them for three silly reasons: (1) they were pretty. They are rose gold color stones. (2) they were cheap. They were literally $4.99. (3) they work incredibly hard to help you lose dozens of pounds!!  OK, that one was just for kicks, but if I do end up losing two dozen (24) pounds I will be the happiest Gazelle this side of the Oklahoma City Zoological Park!  I'll also lend my new earrings to a friend who may want to lose weight as well. Why should she shuck out $4.99 if I can lend her mine? See, always thinking of others. (Which would include the fact that I think my friend is fat and needs my magical earrings! Again, I'm laughing.)

    Are you like me? I love reading crazy claims and thinking "What if".  It would be so very wonderful if all we ever had to do was to plop a fizzy tablet into four ounces of water and drink it in order to lose weight. It would be the biggest breakthrough if these magnetic earrings did the trick, or if they somehow connected all of our electric shockwaves in our bodies to give us all perfectly sculptured figures, cure our anxiety and depression, and somehow helped our fingernails grow stronger. If all of the claims made on products being sold were true this world would be worth hanging around for a minute longer, but to be perfectly honest with you, no one really thinks they'll win the lottery, but they play it anyway. This is the same mentality with these types of products; go ahead now, put in a few bucks, what's it gonna hurt? It's not going to hurt anything really, but it will make the manufacturers and sellers a bit richer.  I do like the earrings.

    I think I'm also interested in seeing how long I can go without losing one. They don't seem to be incredibly powerful magnets. I think it may behoove me to try and find stronger tiny magnets to work with the backings of the actual stones. I'm thinking my ear lobes may be thicker than they're supposed to be. That thought got me  thinking that my ear lobes were abnormal when I know full well that they are perhaps the only normal thing about me! (I will say this, my ears lay flat against my head. Some people pay good money to have this look!) I hope I can keep them a while. I don't want them popping off and being eaten by a dog or a cat! (the earrings, not my ears)

    Oh wow, flashback! Dang.  Here's a true story for you. I was pregnant with Laura, so it was 1989, and it was Valentine's Day. I was going out to dinner with my then-husband, and we had a fancy dinner at a very nice restaurant.  I don't remember what I ordered, but it came with freshly baked rolls. When I bit into my roll I was immediately in searing pain! This was a pain as I have never had in my life! I had inadvertently bitten into a diamond earring that was lost by one of the chefs a few days back when he was mixing the flour to make the dough. My back teeth on the right side of my jaw were utterly destroyed.  Needless to say, we did leave the restaurant, we were compensated of course, and I was patched up, but over time those crowns have given way to the roots being destroyed and this memory has just taken first place in my head! STOP! 

    When I think about it, and I do think about it, some of the strangest things have actually happened to me. I have been a party to, or a part of, or just witness to so many things that most people would never encounter. I don't know if I'm blessed or cursed; perhaps a bit of both. I've had at least two near-death experiences. I woke up once and my mouth was solid black from a mold I had eaten accidentally. I've seen things that have later happened (dreams/visions). I have known people who were around me were evil and I was able to walk away or get away.  I've heard someone speak in another language that I didn't know, but the words were revealed to me so I could help them. People walk up to me all the time and ask advice without me even so much as looking at them. It's as if they think I'm going to know something, and I guess I either do know it or I try to find the answer for them. I can't explain it. Strange things just happen to me.

    OK, I've had these earrings on for about 30 minutes and I feel them. You know how you feel regular pierced earrings, the way they sort of pinch the ear lobe? That's what I'm feeling at this point.  I guess that makes sense because the power of the magnets is pushing or holding the sides of the lobes together. I really don't want to lose them, so I'm not going outside with them in or on my ears. I'm going to hang out in the apartment and just blog, study and watch murder videos. I'm still writing my murder book and trying to get information about the 1930s in my head. I'm working on the disposal of a body.  Should I add magnets? Oh, I could do that. I could put strong magnets in the sheets that I wrap the body in, then attach that to a metal plank at the bottom of the sea!! Oh, this may work. Maybe an anchor from a boat instead of a plank. I'll work it out.

    Have a great one! Get some sunshine if you can. We're waiting on the rain here in Oklahoma! It has been a minute, and we are too excited about it.


Photo Credit: Pinterest
Mine are Rose Gold



No comments: