Sunday, April 10, 2022

"Hey, Jealousy!"

 Oh, the Gin Blossoms! I absolutely love that band. I tend to forget them when someone asks me what or who my favorite band(s) is/are. I say the Bee Gees, Boston, Kansas, Journey, and Nickelback for the secular stuff, and Celtic Worship, Mercy Me, and Casting Crowns for the gospel tunes. I do love me some individuals too, mind you. I can't go without Elton, Phil Collins, Stevie Nicks, Steph Macleod, or Daughtry. OMG,  I just realized I left out .38 Special and Creed. Who am I? I've done lost my mind!

    So, the blog is about jealousy, right? I thought of the Gin Blossoms because of their song "Hey, Jealousy".  What people need to realize, and some do, is that the word "jealousy" is not to be confused with or interchanged with the word "envy". I was absolutely upset with the www.thesaurus.com site when I queried the word intentionally, so that I could prove that my longstanding knowledge of the differences between the words is nearly polar opposite.  To be jealous, as God Himself is jealous at times, is to defend wholly what is yours already. YOU own it, it belongs to you, and someone else wants it, but you say NO. That is jealousy. Jealousy is not wanting what others have, or wishing we were what they are, etc.  It is simply NOT what people try and make it out to be, and that's when it hit me! Satan is behind that confusion.

    Satan is the master liar, the confederate of confederates. You'll never see a confederate or fake $4.00 bill because there isn't a REAL or genuine $4.00 bill. In the U.S. we have $1.00 bills, $5.00 bills, $10.00 bills, and so forth, but we don't have a $4.00 bill, therefore, you'll never see a fake one out there being used. We actually do have a $2.00 bill in circulation, I'm not sure if it is still being minted. It shouldn't be. Satan wants to ruin, and have you ruin, your life. He throws lies at us and he tells us to be envious of this or that, but he sort of put it into our heads that the word should be "jealous" or "jealousy" because that way we can then later say "Oh, but God is jealous at times, so it's OK if we are."  NOTHING could be further from the truth!  We should be jealous, yes, but we should NEVER be envious of someone or what someone else has. That is also known as coveting and it's one of the Top 10!  Do not do that. Be JEALOUS if it is yours. You have that right.

    The Bible tells us that God is a jealous God. (He's the only God, too) It also says that what is His no one can take from Him. It didn't say no man, no woman, it says NO ONE, because God is including Satan in that equation. What is God's is God's. He has sealed it. He has placed the Holy Spirit over it, and it will never be taken from God. Now, we do not do ourselves any favors when we walk away from God, or when we turn our backs on Him, but trust me, and you can trust the Word even more of course, that God has sealed us. We are not going to be able to strip His hand from us even if we tried, not after we have been sealed. Not going to happen. Don't do it, that's stupid.

    What is mine? What can I lay claim to? Well, that's an interesting thought isn't it? My dog is mine. It wouldn't matter how many days you spent with her, the second I walked back into the room she would abandon you and follow me. I don't have to worry about it. It is what it is. I am not even jealous of it. Now, if I thought she were apt to run away and cling to another, I may become jealous of that fact. She is mine, I am good to her.  She should realize this fact, shouldn't she? Why would she want to seek attention from someone else? This is (on a much smaller scale) how God must see it when we venture into and onto internet sites about other religions, gods, cultures, etc. When we put into our minds that a little spell here or there can't hurt, it's for love! WHAT ARE WE THINKIING? The God of all, the King of Kings is our only refuge and when we venture, wander, stray, you call it what you want, when we even explore or become curious about something - - this is when He is jealous. He has that perfect right!

    Can you imagine the peace in our souls we would have if we just stopped being so mindless, so thick? We could have nothing but goodness, nothing but glory, only tranquility if we would just stop seeking that which is less. We have it all already! We don't need riches and fame to be complete. We don't need material possessions to know the truth. These things are distractions. We do want them. I want things too. I'm not going to stand here and lie about that. I want to be more or the best I can be. I think what we need (I need) to focus on is how we make that happen, and what lengths we will go to or what we may compromise to get the goals we think we just have to have. Putting first the Kingdom of God and His righteousness comes with a HUGE promise. He said if we do that He will give us the rest. I'm good with that. 

    So, next time someone asks you if you're jealous of this or that, remember the true definition of the word. Maybe you are. Maybe you're not. Maybe you couldn't be jealous if it (whatever it is) wasn't or isn't yours. Maybe you could be if it was. It's just something to think about. Be blessed.



Photo Credit:  www.recapo.com

No comments: