Thursday, April 28, 2022

Get Serious About Getting Naked.

 You and I both know that any given day, usually every single day, we all get naked at some point during said day.  If we're honest with ourselves we should be getting naked so we can take a shower and/or take a bath and it's that bath time that I'm about to talk to you about. I just needed to get your attention long enough to drag your eyes over here to read what it is that I'm rambling on about today. I've been on a writing streak lately, and if you're gonna streak, you should be naked. If you don't get that you don't get that, but if you do, it was hilarious! 

   You may or may not care to know this, but I am one of those wild and crazy women who take a bath every single day of the week. I don't care if I end up taking a shower too; that's OK, I'm good with getting naked a couple times a day, nothing wrong with that whatsoever, but it is going to happen at least once, because I refuse to wear my clothes in the bathtub. That's just silly talk right there. Nope, this girl is buck naked when she bathes. Let it be written, so let it be done. 

    When I do take that daily bath I fill the tub with not just the hottest water I can stand (girls are so weird) but I also put in over a cup full of white vinegar, about an ounce of sweet almond oil (I say an ounce, I've very rarely measured anything in my life) and I empty about a 1/3 of a regular box of baking soda into the tub as well. But wait, I'm not finished, I also use a good amount of Dr. Teal's Lavender foaming bath Epsom salt as well - - to say I spoil myself is beyond an understatement. I am the worst and the very best to myself. I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, party, or collect things, so my baths can be a bit expensive, it's OK.

    I think the manager at Big Lots had to laugh at me today when I replenished my bath supplies. I took a big orange basket and filled it with 8 gallons of white vinegar, 16 boxes of baking soda, 4 bottles of Dr. Teal's Lavender foaming bath, and yeah, I bought a bag of shortbread cookies too; a girl's gotta eat something. The cashier asked me if it was a party at my house tonight! LOL...I told her I'd ask the dogs and cats if they had something planned because I don't. I just get myself naked and soak out all the heavy metals, stress and anxiety out of my entire system over and over again day after day. I swear, I have no worries at this point, and the last time I remember stressing I was still young enough and able to make children. I haven't been stressed in a minute or two.

    I don't even know when it was that I began filling up the bathtub in such a strange and unusual way, but nearly every time I get hugged at church or touched by someone who hasn't touched me before (that came out completely wrong) I am always complimented on how soft and smooth my skin is, and I've even had people lean into me and ask me what perfume I'm wearing because they can smell the light cast of vinegar and almonds I suppose. I usually say it's something I picked up at the store a while back. I'm not lying. If they licked me they'd probably taste the baking soda and give me a stare or two. So far I've not had anyone do that; which could in and of itself be a sad thing. I'll have to blog about my feelings concerning not being licked in another blog...not today.  (You can't see me on the floor trying to make it back into my chair from falling out of it laughing at myself.)

    Who knew getting naked could be so fun? Who knew getting naked could be so good for you, and it feels really good too. I mean after you've eliminated all the yucky toxins in your body from just walking around in polluted air every day, you need to get the smoke out of you, as well as the smudge and smog, the stuff falling into the air from being sprayed on plants, crops, in the clouds.  You can't be in the urban areas without literally being exposed to so many dangerous chemicals at the micro levels. I'm not kidding you when I say that this works. It works. I said it again, and I wasn't kidding then either. This bath concoction works.  You don't have to make your water hot as Hades, I just do that because I like to do that; most people (including me) will add cooler water to temp it down a bit at times. Does it work in cooler water? Sure. I've just never ever been a cold water fan. Even when it's really hot outside I don't do the whole icy water therapy thing - - I'm more of a Tropical Temp fan when it comes to water. Think Sea Turtle, not Polar Bear.

    There you have it. You have the best idea now for what to do with yourself next time you get naked. I mean, I can't tell you what you should or shouldn't do when you are, but at least now you know what can be done. Don't forget, and this is sooooo very important, don't forget to wipe the tub out when the water is fully drained. You don't want to slip on the oil the next day when you shower. I guess I do usually get naked twice a day; I use a big fat cup to pour the bath water all over my head about 100 times so yeah, my hair gets rather oily and I let it stay that way during the night and wash it in the morning. I don't do that if I'm not going anywhere but I do most days. You may or may not care to know this, but I don't blow dry my hair. No need. I let it dry on its own.  Now that you have that tidbit of information you'll understand why it is that I look like I've just slicked my hair back on an off day if you catch me walking the dog. Just smile. No need to ask now.

    Go ahead. You can do it. Get naked! Take time to defret yourself. The Bible says you shouldn't fret. I say you can only fret when you're playing your guitar - - otherwise, there is no need. Soak  it out. 



Photo Credit:  www.mashed.com 

    

    

No comments: