Friday, December 10, 2021

Just Having Too Much Fun

 I know I get on a kick and keep harping about it, but it's new and it's exciting, so yeah, I'm gonna go on and on about it. No one has to actually read my blog if they don't want to.  I mean, I do, I read what I write to remind myself that I could have used another comma here or there, or I could have used a different set of words. Often times I think to myself that I should have another window open with the thesaurus pulled up so I can actually use another word for the word I over use. LOL...that's telling. Do you do that? OK, so it's just me, got it.  I'm not gonna blame the English teacher living inside of me, I'm going to blame the one I am thinking of at the moment I wrote "gonna" and laugh - - because I can.

    So, I'm moving out of the apartment after six plus years, and I'm thinking I can probably take most of the stuff I brought to the apartment with me.  I pulled out the handy-dandy notebook on a hard flat clipboard to make my list of all the things I'm bringing with me. My things. Things I bought and paid for. Things I think I have to have and can't possibly let Laura keep.  Little did I know she was standing right there with me giving me suggestions and basically saying I had too much crap and she didn't want it in HER apartment anymore. Really? Because I'm not taking a single thing that isn't mine, except maybe the dog lead she bought but in fairness she did buy it for Ginger! I'm taking Ginger! Ginger is MINE! I say that with the biggest smile on my face. Ginger has no idea what we're planning and as soon as we move she'll be scratching the door to get to Laura's after maybe, I don't know, an hour.

    I'm taking the bookshelves damn it! I paid great money for them. She laughed at me and said, "I really hope you take these bookshelves, they're really out of date and not my style."  She went on to show me the ones she's picked out to buy the second I pull those two out of the apartment! I'm taking the smaller appliances too because I'm the cook. She's got Door-Dash on speed dial. This is funny though, I was going through the kitchen to find all the things I want to take, and I opened the silverware (or flatware) drawer. I looked and saw quite a few various forks, spoons, butter knives, etc., and I said, "Hey, why do we have so many different types of flatware anyway?" It's like we just sort of never really stuck with one style, we had a few from when I was first married, then a few from when we lived here or there. Now we have all sizes, types, brands, and shapes of forks that if I had to pull them all out and match them up I couldn't come up with a set of anything. She looked at me and said "You take the thick ones, I like the thin ones."  That was so weird. I was thinking to myself I wanted the thick ones but I didn't want to upset her or make her think I was leaving the bad ones for her. She went on to say that she digs through them all to find the thinner style flatware....what? Thirty-two years you live with someone and you never know things about them -- crazy.

    We have really nice art on the walls and we divided those just as easily. She hated the ones I loved. I didn't really like the ones she thought were best, and it just went that way all through the apartment. Could it be generational? Could it be she's NOT my clone? Or, maybe she is my clone, but she's opposite of myself, and that's why we get along so well to be able to ignore each other nearly every day and night, but never letting the other know that we're ignoring them. We smile and wave a lot. 

    We both keep our respective doors closed so that we don't have to hear each other. I listen to Celtic music rather loudly without headphones because if I have my headphones on I can't hear her screaming at me to answer my phone that's been ringing non-stop.  She stays on her computer all day and night either talking on the phone to clients and customers or with her international friends on one of the many games they play into the night.  There's a lot of screaming from time to time, and I routinely get up and open and shut her door a few times to say "You know, you're really kind of loud!"  She does the same thing to me - - so I guess we're not gonna miss that! Ginger may miss that. I think Ginger secretly likes the drama.  Caity has already called a couple of times to say she will believe it when she sees it, because she thinks we can't handle being apart from each other for more than a day.

    I am leaving her the nasty cat-clawed, chewed up couch and chair that I once believed were really chic and couldn't stop staring at them. That was a few years before a few animals. She'll have them professionally cleaned again and buy covers for them. I'll buy new and forbid her to bring any animals over to visit Ginger. I'll take Ginger to her place. I may make the woman take off her shoes when she comes into my apartment since she goes to the barn most days. I'm leaving her the vacuum and the steam cleaner - - she'll use them more often and I want to start new, not even bringing old dust to my new home. She can keep her dust.  I am taking my saddle and stand. If nothing else it will be a great decoration. When Baeleigh (cat) was alive she loved sitting on the saddle. It was her place to hide, sort of like a "base" where the other cats knew she was off limits.  If Bae Bae were with us I'd take her. She's not like the others. I don't think she ever clawed anything other than her cardboard scratch posts, the ones she was supposed to destroy. Maybe it's a boy-cat thing.

    Anyway, I went through the apartment making a list of what I was bringing, and another list of what I would need. I went to Home Depot online, I went to Pinterest. I went to Wayfair, and I went to Target online as well. I found all the things I need to make my happy little home my happy little home. I am going to be so decked out when I get it - - at least in my head until I can actually afford to buy all the things I wrote down on my two lists.  My lists have lists. Do you do that too? Is that just me? My plans have plans. I plan to plan. There is the pre-plan for the pre-plan in most cases and I get around to executing most of my plans most of the time. I think the fun part is the mental exercises. I draw the floor plans and pencil in where I'll put the furniture I haven't bought. I even label things like "lamp" or "flower pot", I'm not kidding. I'm anal, but she's the one with OCD, so just for fun I left my clipboard in the middle of the kitchen floor and walked away.  LOL...is that mean?

I will absolutely miss that kid - - but I can't let her know that.

Photo Credit:  Me.


Baeleigh on the saddle.




    

No comments: