Thursday, December 31, 2020

My Edinburgh

 My Edinburgh 

 

She sleeps within my arms at night 


Silent as a picture 


Deeply etched within my mind

  

Her streets, cobbled as they wind 


Her skirts tossed north, south, east, and west 


Dancing parks and laughter 


Rippling motorways and rails 


Thousands stroll her pathways 


She edges over, holds me tight 


Her whispers sear my soul

 

She tells of her past and how  


She’s thought of me from old 


She tells me how she’ll draw me close, how 


She’ll drape my heart, elation 


I lean to kiss her fading face


And realize my ransom 


She, my Edinburgh, my temptress 


She my dream, my muse 


One day we’ll embrace and how 


But now she is aloof 


One day she will be my home 

 

For now, I am her hostage 


Soon I’ll dance within her soul 


My Edinburgh, my essence 


 

Jude Stringfellow    12/31/2020 






No comments: