Thursday, February 2, 2023

OKP: The Book is Formatted.

    OKP (Of Kilted Pleasure) is now formatted.  I ran the whole thing through Grammarly chapter by chapter and found out, believe it or not, that I had skipped the chapter numbers and I didn't create a Chapter 9.  I had to renumber every chapter after Chapter 8 to accommodate my faux-paux. These things happen. I was so sure I had been more careful than that, but nope, I was not. So, there are 27 chapters in the book, not 28, and I am still fluffing and stuffing, so there could be another one added or if I don't need to add one I'll be sure and lengthen the ones I have already. I want there to be 80,000 words, and I currently have 66,000 (or so).  I will keep working on it.

    To be sure, it's fun to edit my own work, but I would never want to be an editor for someone else's work. Nothing could be more boring and frustrating to me. I could only imagine how someone would feel if they edited my work.  I had so many idiot mistakes in my first write. If Grammarly wasn't there I would be so lost. I'm a freakin' professor of English Composition saying that! It's truly a great tool. I don't have a subscription to it yet, but I am thinking about doing that for the long haul because I have several books to write. I think having it there to work with AS I write, as opposed to sending the material through after it's written would be so much better.

    So, here I am looking at my work on the computer and thinking "Oh my gosh, it's only 152 pages...that sucks! I thought I wrote more than that." Then I realized that there needed to be a few adjustments such as font size, spacing, margins, and so forth. Yeah, it's closer to 235 right now before I pull out the quoted parts and space them so that people realize there is a conversation going on. That will add at least 10-14 pages and then I'll be adding as I rewrite, so it will be about 280 pages or so. It's a good-sized book. I want it to be worth the money people pay for it. The download will be about $6.99 I think, and the paperback about $21.00 but they always give discounts so it will be around $16.00 most likely. I'm not going to have it made into a hardcover. There's really no need these days for that.

    I've done what I can and will today. I'll start reading it tomorrow afternoon and going through it page by page to add to and subtract from. I have page after page of notes that I want to add to it, but if I don't use those notes I'll use them for the sequel.  WHAT? Did you read that? Did I say it out loud? Will there be a SEQUEL to "Of Kilted Pleasure"?  Yes, as a matter of fact, there will be.  Aria and Ewan will need to create a life for themselves, and the world needs to find out what happened to the great country of Scotland following the Battle of Culloden in 1745. Believe it or not, everything about the country (almost) changed and it was never the same again. It deserves to be understood. We have over 30,000,000 Scottish Americans and there are over 4,000,000 Scottish Canadians as well.  We need more books telling us the truth about our ancestors.

    My book(s) will not be 100% accurate in terms of history, so don't try and trip me up on that one, OK. I just want there to be an understanding of the gist of what took place and the common things that changed forever, and how it affected those people who were forced from their inheritances and their family homesteads to allow the government to use their lands for grazing. Sort of like what happened here in the United States if you think about it. Nothing new under the Sun! Well, the books will be a few months apart because I have the Murder Book to write, as well as the humor novel 1211.  I'll do my best to write them all this year, but at least this book should be out in May I think, so that's not too bad. Crossing fingers, and toes.

Be sure and keep up with the rest of the updates.

Photo Credit: Peakpx.com



No comments: