Saturday, July 17, 2021

As Dawn Wanes - (a Poem)

 As Dawn Wanes 

 

Whispers prick the belly of my ears gently 

Sinking deeply in their pools 

Laughing whiskers tinge my soul’s tongue 

Lick the steam as coffee brews 

 

Morning lifts her skirts, awakened 

Dawn slips away, he dares that smile 

Robins sing their distractions 

Allowing Dawn to hide a while 

 

He will return to rage the battle 

Dreamers fight within his snare 

Clutches give and thrust their bedsheets 

Morning fears Dawn’s final stare 

 

Give to me your hour so longing 

Bring back heaven, hold me fast 

Care not if the hour is waning 

Squeeze my thighs, renew your grasp 

 

Grey eyed stare, veiled delusion 

Scrape my heart and gouge my faith 

A fantasy, a reason to 

Keep Morning oh, so far away 

 

Jude Stringfellow – July 17, 2021 


Photo Credit: The Naked Scientist 


No comments: