Tuesday, March 15, 2022

You are Known.

 God explains to us more than a dozen times, in various parts of the Word, that we are known even before we are born. He shows us, guides us, even commands us to read and study the Word so that we will not be uninformed about the matter. We are literally made in an amazing way for an equally amazing reason. Each of us, without exception, if we have breath, are made for a unique and wonderful purpose. I know that for some people it's really difficult to grasp that a God who is so far away and seemingly unapproachable would even give a damn, but that's just it; He's everywhere, close by, and He cared enough to do more than we can imagine.  God gave us His only Son! You and I would never do that. We could not, would not, and should not be giving up our children to save others. Romans 5:8 tells us that "God commended His love for us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."  This is part of the Roman Road, and I'll leave a link to that at the bottom.

    We are known by men when we are famous for something; or infamous, I suppose.  Billy the Kid is well known, but not for passing out free popcorn at the theatre.  He was a murderer and a gangster, a loner too, but he was a rebel.  He was well known at the time he was living and he's well known now, over a hundred years since his passing.  Donald J. Trump is well known. He's even famous.  He's infamous to some, and famous to all; you can't take away his celebrity status just because you may not like him. I tell people that he's not the man I'd want to marry. He's not the man I'd want to invite over to a BBQ, but he does know how to run a business, and by golly, he did know how to run our country for a minute too.  He was and is well know.  God knows DJT as well. He knows Billy the Kid.  He made both.  Whether or not you and/or I agree, God sent Jesus to die for both men; and for you and me. The very same.

    God knows you. He knows every single itty bitty thing you think and hope for. He understands your frustrations and your confusion. He may not act as fast as you want Him to act, but He always answers every last prayer if you'll be in tune with His Spirit and listen.  He either says "Yes" or He may say "No", but I find that a lot of the time God asks us to "Wait" because whatever it is that we're asking for may not fit in just yet with what He's got planned. Believe me, if He doesn't have whatever we want planned, you're going to get that "NO" answer and it may be rather abrupt at times. You can usually test your request with the Word and see if it lines up. It won't ever change; believe me, I've tried. If God said "No" to something in the Bible and you're trying to make it happen in your life -- yeah, not gonna happen. We need to figure that out right now. God isn't a magic genie for us to conjure up and ask wishes of.  He is absolutely sovereign and fully God; not a puppet to play with.

    Some people suffer from a multitude of issues including anxiety and depression. I know I have really close friends who suffer from both. The hard part about that is, that depression means you don't really care about anything and anxiety can mean you put too much emphasis or care into it. To have both these emotions running rampant at the same time must truly be agonizing!  That's when you KNOW you have to be really grateful that God commended His love for us.  He's there! He's waiting for you to talk and ask. He's willing to reach and help.  I can't tell you how to do it, how to actually let go, but I did it. I can honestly say that I'm not worried about really anything. I've detached myself from needing to be so attached to the world that I don't mind if it sort of falls apart around me. God promised He'd protect and care for me, and I believe He will. It's literally the most freeing feeling EVER.

    Because we are already known we don't have to beg God to figure out who we are. We don't have to question Him about what we need. He knows what we need. We just have to accept what He says is what is good for us and be willing to do what He commands and makes ready for us. You can think of it as if you're at the school cafeteria and holding out your empty plate! The cafeteria ladies (and sometimes guys) give you what is there, what is available, what they made for you, and since it's regulated and supervised by a contract, you know it won't hurt you. God is the supervisor, God is the regulator, God is the Judge, the Jury, and the Father. (You thought I was going to say Executioner...Ha!) God knows you. He will and does provide. In fact, He's already supplied whatever it is you need, but if you haven't received it that's on you for not asking. We have not because....that's right, we ask not. (Another good verse)

    So, if you have time today, and if you don't, pray.  Get somewhere quiet, take a dog or cat with you for support. Talk openly and really get into the conversation with God because just like any other Father, He's there to listen, and to guide. He's willing and He's really really excited about being there when you ask to include Him.  He wants to help.  In Revelation Jesus said "Behold (Look!) I am standing at your door knocking. If you'll let Me in I will dine with you."  You have to open the door! He has already made the invitation.  It's OK, let Him in, He knows you. He loves you.



Photo Credit: Bridge Bolton



No comments: