Monday, October 5, 2020

Happy Heavenly Birthday Daddy!

 Three years ago today my dad decided he needed to see Jesus. I have to tell you, he didn't look so good when he made that decision. He'd seen so many more better days. The really good news is, Jesus was more than willing to welcome my sweet dad into His loving arms in the early early hours of October 5, 2017, as he simply slipped from being old and tired to new and vibrant. I wish we could have seen it -- I bet he looked like he did when he enlisted in the Navy back in 1949 (just under 18 years of age).  Where have all the real men gone? Barely old enough to shave that one, but enlisting to fight for his country, be trained to be a better soul, and willing to give his all for family.

Rest with the joy of knowing we'll see you soon Daddy. We'll see you soon. I love you. 


No comments: