Saturday, June 5, 2021

My Jesus - A Poem

 My Jesus 

 

Grace, grace, God’s grace 

Grace I don’t deserve 

I peer upon the King’s face 

And to know I’m heard 

 

I come to God’s throne 

With bended knee so low 

I can know He’ll always 

Welcome me back Home. 

 

Faith, faith, God’s faith 

Faith abundant, free 

Held within my heart’s heart 

I know that He loves me 

 

Never will I understand  

The price He paid that day 

Why a King would leave His throne 

To end up in the grave. 

 

Erupting from the grips of death 

To put it all to rest 

No other name lives on and on 

The King, my King, Jesus. 

 

Praise, praise, God’s praise 

Blessings I will sing 

Endless days of singing 

Endless love He gave 

 

Jude Stringfellow 

June 5, 2021 

Photo: Simon Dewey artist

No comments: