Thursday, June 3, 2021

Moles be Gone!

 I know I talk about Austin Powers a few times in my blogs, bringing him up or some scene from one of the movies, this is one of those times. You see the title "Moles be Gone" and you instantly know where I'm going with this! I went to the dermatologist about six months ago with the most embarrassing of conditions, one which I would not in a million years show photos of - - one reason is because I never took a photo of it, and another reason is its location! (Location! Location! Location!) However, in this case, my case, it was not a mole that was so embarrassing, but a weird, ugly, humungous, fleshy, disgusting, and otherwise not-so-attractive skin tag that grew from nothing into what looked like a bowling ball suspended from my inner thigh - - too much? 

    OK, it was NOT a pretty thing to behold and I could not find a single freaking doctor willing to take care of it during the COVID days. NO ONE was doing what they called "elective" procedures, but I obviously saw it as a monstrosity that needed to be removed for my mental health and well being, as well as my physical health. I will be honest, it never actually stopped me from doing what was necessary to make the days and nights pass, but it was there - teasing me, haunting, and nagging at me - - reminding me that I have zero control over my own body.  Well, I found her! I found the one woman who was willing to help me - - and the event, the actual event, took less than 10 minutes and cost me so much less than expected, and I mean soooo much less.  I could not believe it. 

    Dr. Elizabeth Prater has given me permission to sing her praises, to dance all around her office, (with my mask secured) and to thank her publicly and privately for not only ridding me of the unsightly and terribly upsetting unwelcomed guest, who I really should have named, we were too intimate not be on first name bases.  Dr. Prater allowed me to set the appointment and on the same visit, without even charging me an office visit (no, I can't guarantee that she could or would do the same for you) took the best care of me and she took my skin tag using a little soldering iron thing, she would laugh at me for not knowing the actual name of the tool; and she burned it away!  Then she sent it off to be biopsied, as I am told you have to do that. It was benign, just as she thought it would be. Let me tell you, she was fast, quick-witted, funny, adorable, and just really patient-friendly, not to mention precise, delicate, and professional. 

    Now that I've taken so long to talk about the skin tag maybe I should get on with the subject of this blog! I'm like that, you'll just have to forgive me, it is, after all, my blog.  I was so so so very pleased with Dr. Prater's work that when it came time to do more beautifying I decided to go back to her. I called, set the appointment, went into the office a couple days later, and had more than 30 tiny itty bitty teeny weenie moles removed from my chest using the latest in cryogenic methods. While in the office, in my little backward facing gown so my boobies could be more accessible - - (oh yeah, I forgot to mention, when I get skin tags, moles and otherwise unsightly things, they are in places where there is no sight going on. My chest was invaded by the mole master after having kids - don't ask me how that happened, but before kids there were no moles there, after kids I had something like 30+ little brown moley-moles just decide to show up and stick around. Since they weren't bothering me and I wasn't sharing my anatomy with anyone, it didn't matter, but lately they've been an eye sore since I've lost weight and can see them now...before now they could hide behind the massive orbs hanging around my chest.) I asked Dr. Prater to look at a couple of moles both under my arm and on my face.

    Dr. Prater was so kind to do so without me having to set a second appointment, and she used the little soldering iron thing on the face moles; freezing the one under my arm, which to be honest with you, had been sliced off more than 10 times in the past while I was shaving - - too much? Sorry.  She mentioned that I may actually miss seeing that one since it was obviously an older and more established mole-friend. I didn't name it either. I should. I know, I really should, but I didn't. Be gone! The nurses, both Kesa and Denise also need to have their praises sung too -- Kesa, with her dad-jokes, bright smiling face, and her penchant for cleaning up the areas needed.  Denise with her precision pin-point needle skills that can pierce you clean through to the next world, but she doesn't even hear or listen to you if you say bad words to her during the process - - she just tells you how OK you're going to be, and it's almost over - - always almost over. By the time she says it's almost over, it really is almost over. I'm not going to lie, it hurts like hell to be numbed to have a procedure but we all know that beauty is pain, right? Yeah, I mean, YEAH...love these girls!

    After the moles were taken off my face (one in the crease of my nose, the other on the side, by my right ear) I was literally amazed that the area healed within 24 hours! I can see a little scab forming and I have to say the moles on my chest are all but disappearing -- going going going -- soon to be gone. There are a few that will need to be re-zapped, but for the most part they are literally dissolving! I thought they would fall off, and that makes no sense whatsoever from a medical point of view, but I'm so not medical. I thought I was going to be apologizing to the world for dropping biological materials left and right. I thought maybe I should self quarantine again, and maybe wear two sports bras to catch the moles as they fell off my body! Nope, they just slowly disappear, I don't think they'll leave little freckles where they were, but that's what it looks like right now. I think they're actually going to go away and never ever be seen again - - which reminds me of another Sci-Fi flick I saw and can't get out of my head now. 

    ANYWAY - - there you go, if you have beautifying to do, moles to remove, skin to be treated, even if you wanted to try out Botox, just mosey on down to Dr. Elizabeth Prater's Healthy Skin Dermatology of Oklahoma, located at 13933 Technology Dr suite b, Oklahoma City, OK 73134

Hours
Phone(405) 673-4980  Say hi to Kesa and/or Denise for me!!!
Tell the good doctor where you heard about her, and you just never know what she can do for you. Just be sure and do the little dance of joy with your mask in place. They prefer that!

THANK YOU DR. PRATER!!
 Isn't she just wonderful?  Photo credit: Dr. Prater


No comments: