Finally!! It is moving day, closing day, house day!! I'm beside myself with glee. Glee is an amazing word. I like it. It fully captures what I'm feeling right now. It eliminates fear, anxiety, somberness, worry, and all those other things I was feeling before I was allowed to feel glee. It is finally here; I'm finally going to move. I've been living with boxes and crates in my house for nearly three weeks now, just waiting! It is time to haul them all over to the new house; to Oliver.
Sometime today, I'll need to update all my internet pages to let everyone know my new address. Of course, when I order again from Walmart or Amazon, I can do it too, but I want to be sure every T is crossed and every I is dotted. (Ironically, you don't dot a capital I, and you still cross a capital T.) It's been such a long and arduous journey; one we really didn't need to be a part of. I sort of feel as if I have been standing in line at one of those rides at Six Flags, and when I tried to step out of line, the crowd pulled me back in, and I have to go on the roughest, highest, steepest, most terrifying roller coaster known to humans. Yes, that is exactly how it felt.
The ride has peaked! I have taken the last turn, been turned upside down a couple of times, and the damn thing got stuck during one of those rotations! I was hanging onto the bar in front of me with one hand and holding Laura with the other. I couldn't even bow my head to pray properly for fear it would tip the car, but we prayed. We prayed, and we prayed a lot. We asked others to pray, and then, after all that, we prayed again. I think maybe Jesus likes roller coasters, and He must like dragging me with Him when He rides them. He knows it's going to turn out OK, but ding and dang! C'mon!
So, it's about 9:15 a.m., and I will meet my realtor at Oliver at 11:45 a.m. for the "walk through," which I feel is completely unnecessary, but apparently, it's a realtor thing. Then we drive separately, of course, over to the title company. I'll run by the bank first to pick up my cashier's check for closing. The bank is only half a mile from the title company. We close at 1:00 p.m., and I get my keys. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Laura will be in the various rooms of the house, bringing the boxes from each into the living room for easier access.
We're going to move as many boxes as we can, and the television, and anything we don't want on the back of the long trailer our friend is bringing to move my heavy things. If we can get everything done except the heavy things, that will save him time and let us get more done. He's coming tomorrow, so we have the whole afternoon and evening to get as much as we can into the new house. Since Oliver is only 1.1 miles from my old house, I think we can get a lot done.
It feels real. It feels as if it is really happening instead of a dream. It feels good, and it feels permanent. I wanted so badly to call this house my permanent house, but it wasn't meant to be. I can't know why, but it wasn't meant to be. It hurt to find out that it wasn't going to be our house. We put a lot into it. We put a lot of hope, dreams, prayers, plans, and money into it, but in the end, it was only a temporary fix.
Laura told me yesterday that she was proud of me for going through what we've gone through. I thanked her, but I think emotionally, she was the one who truly suffered the most. She had to give up her horses and, in fact, her heart horse - again. She's had to do that more than once, and no one should have to. She had to pull out and destroy her garden. She had to give her chickens back. I was just paying money and trying to figure out what would happen if it all fell through.
Jesus! That's the truth. He is the answer. He is the only answer. In fact, even though He likes to take me for these crazy spins now and again, I still trust Him. I will always trust Him. I don't know what He's got planned, but it's always better than what I wanted in the first place. Let the games begin! Breakfast, then the walkthrough, then the closing, then the move. It's a glorious and wonderful day.
Happy Birthday Oliver Ernest Stringfellow!


No comments:
Post a Comment