Monday, January 16, 2017

Back At It

Size does matter!  I am a size 18 now. ABSOLUTELY too fat for my liking. Others may like it, they may be "comfortable" in their bodies at that size, but I am not. I have decided that I've let this thing go on too far. I'm not only heavier, I'm not happy about it. That's why I've decided to stomp on this thing and get my "Me" back. I'm 55, 5'7" and I weigh 200 pounds. There, I've said it out loud, and I can't take it back. I bet if I were 100% honest with myself, I'd say I weigh 204, but today we'll just say 200 and go from there. I need to, and I want to, lose 50 pounds.  I am pretty happy at 150. I look good at 150, and I'm not too skinny at that weight.

I moved to Indiana in 2010. This seemed to be when I began to let things slide. I really just sort of stopped taking care of what I allowed into my house in terms of food. I was the one buying it. I don't blame anyone else. I eat whatever I want, whenever I want, and it's really taken it's toll on my body. I moved back to Oklahoma a couple of years ago, but I didn't make any diet changes.  I ride horses, and I've seen the difference when I'm in the saddle. I have in fact, stopped pushing my horse(s) because I am no longer balancing in the saddle the way I should. I will begin the posting routines again, and get those thighs working as soon as I can. My current horse is an American Mustang, and he's not ready for me to canter. In fact, I just received him from the trainer last week. He's ready to walk and trot, but the weather hasn't been good enough to explore. It will be!! We will make this happen.

So, what I've decided to do is this:  Cut out as much high fructose corn syrup as possible. I'll cut back on most sugars as well; there just doesn't seem to be a need for it. I'll get plenty of sugar through fruits and vegetables. I'll have to use half and half for the coffee, but that's OK. I was shocked to find out that the high fructose corn syrup is a chemical(s) that our brains doesn't recognize, therefore it can't be processed well in the gut. The good bacteria is lowered and it can't combat it. There's evidence to show that fat is stored because of this, and I'm not willing to let my body suffer any longer than it has. I'm FAT, and not happy about it.

When I'm not fat I ride better, I walk further, I lift more, and I don't complain about going up stairs or carrying my luggage. My boobs are in the way now, and I can't always see my feet when I need to. For a former gymnast this is a problem. I used to be able to see my feet by standing on my hands and bringing my feet over my head and in front of my face. Where I won't be doing that again, I at least should be able to glance down and not see boobs and belly fat obstructing my view of my tennis shoes.  There are a few things that I will do, and if you want to, you can follow along with me, as I plan on keeping this blog up for a while, and making it a daily or almost daily event, showing off how I plan on losing my weight, and keeping in shape.

Since I don't really exercise all that much, other than riding my horse, and walking the halls (and stairs) at the school I teach at, I will be adding several things to my diet, and taking things from my diet, in order to fully achieve my goals of losing weight and looking better in about 90 days. I'm not pushing the date, but it's about 90 days from warmer good riding weather, so that's a good goal.

FIRST:  Giving up sugars will be the hardest part, but I'll substitute by adding fruit, vegetables and nuts. Not all fruits are good for you, so I'll stick with apples, grapes, strawberries, blue berries, and probably cantaloupe.   For nuts, I'm a big almond fan, and I eat quite a few peanuts, so that has to change to less dense nuts such as walnuts, which have  great antioxidants anyway.  For veggies, nothing beats a bowl of baby carrots while you write. I can also see me eating more squash, spinach, peas, green beans, and black beans. I'm not opposed to black beans and tomatoes for dinner.

SECOND: adding herbs that are known to curb appetite and promote good health.  Green tea extract, or EGCG and Caralluma Fimbriata are two very good supplements you can buy over the counter and both are inexpensive. You don't need to go to a fancy place, or order them online from a club. Wal-Mart carries them both, and I bet quite a few stores do; just be sure to get pure extract without fillers.  The other thing I'm adding is a good strong probiotic; one with at least 10 billion units, I may opt for more, we'll see. I prefer the liquid type, but they sell it in pill form as well.

THIRD:  water, water, then more water, but of course if you know me, you know I drink coffee in the morning as well. I'm not giving that up, but I am giving up creamer. I will use an organic half creamer, one without sugar, and all should be fine. I drink water now, but I've let it slack off. I remember drinking 2 bottles in the morning, 3 bottles at night (or the equivalent) and then tea in the evenings. I have been really lax with my water intake, so that changes immediately. I don't do cold water. I know I drive my friend Jeannie crazy, as I don't have ice in my house. Since I don't drink soft drinks, I don't do ice. I also know that cold water makes your body work harder, but I don't like colder water; never have. I'll do the room temp water, and more hot teas than I have been.

There we go. Day 1 in motion. When Laura gets home we're going to the store to get what I need. I'll let her keep the foods she wants, but we're throwing out the junk - - done!  Viva la 150!!  YEA.

No comments: