Sunday, January 29, 2012

Here We Go - - Again!

So, I'm at that point again where the jeans aren't fitting, and the top of my control top tights are rolling down so they don't have to TRY to support my belly. That's never a good place in life to be, so the decisions are once again made in my head to DO IT THIS TIME. I know, it's the battle of a lifetime, but when I start out I'm always in the mood to tackle it and I'm always fed up with myself to the point that I think I can make it. I finally figured out the REAL reason for that I never keep the weight off and it has nothing to do with the way I eat; it's my dang knee! My right knee is about as cooperative as a green horse with a new bit. I get going, and I'm dancing, or I'm stretching and it decides ON ITS OWN to just quit! When your knee stops and you keep moving it can be disasterous. I've found my face too close to the concrete at times when it happens; last night it was me walking up the stairs and nearly kissing the carpet before I caught myself. Stupid knee!

I've been looking things up on line that may be able to help. Of course I'm going to want to do the right thing and not hurt myself further. I'm only 50, not too young but not too old right? I don't want to do the whole knee replacement surgery; not at this point. I don't have the money and I certainly don't want to take the time it would take to heal from it. I'm just not a sitter...not a sitter. I have to be moving or working most of the time. The answer? YOGA..again. Yoga and I are good friends. We haven't seen too much of each other lately, but we're going to become much better acquainted now that I'm in a place where the carpet is good enough to sit on it. (I don't know if you know, but for about 3 months we moved to a place that should have been condemned. It was absolutely ridiculous. We put blankets on the floor just to let the baby crawl around after the owner of the house refused to change out the carpet - - which was part of the contract - - which is why we left!)

Now that I'm able to sit and stretch, dance a little, and move a bit, I can get started on the same 30 pounds I started with years ago. I think Tom Arnold wrote a book about it only taking 20 years to lose the weight. I'm there...right with you Tom! So, it's juice, boiled eggs and one piece of whole grain toast for breakfast! Don't forget the coffee...there will be coffee. Lunches these days will be juice again; mainly veggies with an apple or two thrown in for health. I love my carrots!! I could live off of olives, yogurt and carrots if I had to, but chocolate is a staple and I'm never one to argue with the food charts. Chocolate is necessary for one's brain to function from one minute to the next, so remember, dark chocolate has less calories, it takes great, and yes, it makes you feel good. Makes the brain say to itself "It will work out, whatever is wrong will work out!" More chocolate and a few front porches is all this world really needs to settle most of our differences.

Here we go...boiling the eggs right now. I boil a dozen eggs and eat them throughout the next two days or so. I love the protein. I put raw eggs in my fruit juice drinks, and I drink both a fruit juice and a veggie juice every single day. Dinner may be a piece of chicken, lots of brocoli and some wild rice, I could have a salad, I may end up with tuna, but the point is I will be juicing again, doing yoga and breathing...just breathing, and praying that THIS TIME my knee decides to be a team player and not such a freaking drama queen.

No comments: