Saturday, October 23, 2010

IndyStyle and Pet Pals TV



Faith and I have been in Indianapolis, or the surrounding area since the end of August. I've been so very very busy trying to find work, and working on getting my book published that I haven't really kept up with the blog. Rather than calling it "Jude's Almost Daily Blog" I may have to change the title to "Jude's Whenever She Can Spare Time Blog". Honestly, this area of the country is not only gorgeous it has some of the nicest people I've ever met - - and that includes those Southerners from my own homestate of Oklahoma! Hoosiers are really very kind people. If you have an opportunity to meet a few I'd highly recommend it.

This past week Faith was interviewed by WNDY-TV host Patty Spitler who has been in the television industry for more than 25 years. For 23 of those years Patty was on WISH-TV, a CBS-TV affiliate, as an anchor and reporter. Today she's with Indianapolis' first real pets and animals show called Pet Pals TV. I was honored to be a guest on the show this morning (prerecorded) where I spoke a little about Faith coming to Indiana to do more in the Midwest. It just seems like she has been to all the corners of the nation, and hasn't really made that big of an impact in the very middle of it. I love the Heartland! It's so full of great things to do, to see, to be a part of, and just watch! Some of my favorite teams are from no more than 2.5 hours away - - all of the Chicago teams really, but I do have to admit that I'm not really a Bulls fan; never really got into basketball, but since OKC has the Thunder I'm sure I'll have to join that force soon. I am however very much into baseball, hockey, football and horse racing! I don't know all the names of the players, but I love the sport(s) for sure.

I was downtown the other day and saw Peyton Manning out and about with friends. You don't think about things like that in Oklahoma because we don't have a professional football team. He's tall - - really tall. You know that from his stats, but when you're standing right next to him and looking up to see his big smile you think - - yep, he's tall!

I love downtown Indinapolis -- I met cops, horses, Starbucks baristas, attorneys, groups of people from the Future Farmers of America, and I ran into a beautiful red-headed girl wearing a German Barmaid costume selling apple dumplings and beer at lunch time. It was fun. One of things I did this week besides being on Pet Pals TV was to interview LIVE on WISH-TV's IndyStyle show with Host Andi Hauser. It was October 22, and it happened to be Andi's birthday! There was a little party on the set, and she had her favorite meal cooked on stage, and with that came an amazing triple chocolate cake! OH HECK YEAH! Oh, and we met Actor Chris Burke on set too. He was in town to promote a great cause, a walk that he and his musician crew do to bring about the awareness for the cure of Downs Syndrome. He is the BEST. He is so very very sweet, and literally fell in love with Faith the second he saw her. I hope to work with Chris in the future too - - that would be a blast.

Well, so much for what's going on right now. Like I said, I'm still looking for a permanent job, and I'm writing, hoping to get the book written and published very soon. I have 2000 names ready to buy it the second it hits the shelves - - which means about 3500 books will be sold -- to join the list and get a $3.00 off coupon just go to: faithwalksbook@gmail.com and sign up! EASY!!

Lets hope every week and month in Indiana is as good as the last one. Fall is a wonderful time of year and I'm soaking in as much of it as I can. I hear the winters can be....well, grisly cold. I may have to find myself a good pair of thermals and light up the fire! (I'm thinking caramel apples, hot cocoa, a good book! Maybe I'll watch an old Gary Sinise movie to stay a bit warm in my heart....you never know!) LOL

No comments: