Wednesday, August 5, 2009

BEET the Fat Right Out of Me!




OK - - here is the plan. Now, I've been juicing veggies for a while, but now I'm declaring war on my fat belly, so we'll see if it works. I'm going on this thing for 21 days. Just 3 weeks. Just to see the finer differences. I can do anything for three weeks right? OK - - so, 8 cups of water (check), 2 cups of juice a day veggie/fruit homemade (check), another 4 cups of parsley based tea (check) and of course a healthy dinner with tuna, chicken, whole grains, vegetables and a little fat because you have to have a little fat for the brain to keep working. Maybe a small rice pudding. I do yogurt and fruit sometimes too.

The juicer was buzzing today when I pulled out all the stops. Today's concoction consists of beets, carrots, apples, greens, sweet potatoes, plums, and cucumbers. I did all the research and found all the health benefits of every element. Do you know I'm drinking about 15-20 grams of fiber with each 6 ounces of this stuff? WOW! Not to mention I'm clearing out my liver, colon, veins, lowering my blood pressure, creating a stimulus package for my circulatory system and putting the taste buds on alert that there is more where this came from.

My goal is simply this: I will drink my juice two times a day, do the exercises, do the good healthy dinner, and maybe have yogurt and fruit for breakfast. I'll drink the 8 cups of water/tea of course, and I'll throw in a couple of coffee just because I'm that way. Let me tell you what the juice does for me -- according to the internet. (It's not hard to research when you Google the words "benefits of" and then name the vegetable or fruit you're adding)

This juice: Beets, greens, cucumbers, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, and plums have the following (and more) bennis.
Vitamins, A,B2, B2, B6, B7, C, D, K, Folate, Manganese, Potassium, and Phosphates. It carries a bunch of soluble and insoluble dietary fiber - as well as the agents for anti-inflammatory help with asthma, arthritis, gout, and joint aches. It has agents to lower the LDL cholesterol and boost the CDL (good) cholesterol. It's even a great way to replenish liquid to the skin because of the apple pectin and the cucumber juice. Can you say "I can live off this stuff" three times? Well, you do have to be a bit careful with the gas factor - - so drink your parsley tea afterwards, and if you need Beano or papaya enzyme for gas do that! You don't want to offend the dogs - - the kids aren't a problem, you can offend them all day! (Maybe they'll take the hint and get jobs and move away!)

So, this is a good one - - it goes in the recipe book for sure. It's not a tea, but it will work for lunch and the 3:00 p.m. cravings! I get them, I don't know about you.

Today I'm fat, let's see what 21 days of this brings?

No comments: