Sunday, March 22, 2009

Phase Two - HCG Diet With Adjustments


DO NOT use me as your role model if you are going on the HCG diet and think it's easy and you want someone to follow. First off, it is NOT easy, and it is misleading to a degree - in that the technologies have changed since it was written, and I feel that the diet itself is overrated. I did it, did not get the results I wanted so I'm compromising and doing the HCG liquid (since I bought it) and I'm keeping my calories down, my water up, my exercising, my yoga, and I'm working the way I did before - - but with a bit more caution on the calories and absolutely very very low carbs.

Today is my son's 23rd birthday. He's in Iraq, and I know that he would have wanted me to eat something big and nasty on his birthday so I did. Felt terrible about it, but I went to Burger King. Hate myself - and actually refused to drink the Dr. Pepper. I think I took one sip, that stuff is just too sweet now that I don't drink sodas. I got a Jr. Whopper no onions and yes, I indulged the boy and got a small fries. I don't like them that much either, but I did it. He's happy, and I'm about to puke. So, for dinner I just juiced 2 zucchini squash, 2 carrots, a handful of grapes, and have been sipping on that. That's the adjustment. I'm not going to do the 100 grams of chicken, I did the beef thing with the burger. I'm not going to do the diet again the way the protocol calls for because it's far too restrictive and it cost me my inner desire to love food. I literally walked past things that I know I love and thought they were bad - - that's not healthy. I should be saying "I like that, and if I eat just a little of it I'll be OK and I'll be happy." I was saying "poison, can't eat it" and that's wrong.

I only lost 9 pounds in 13 days and where the numbers are great for how dieters look at dieting, it wasn't what the HCG diet claimed. It wasn't 13 or 14 pounds in 13 days, and it wasn't easy to do - which makes it very difficult to stay with it. I was hungry all the time. It's not suppose to do that - - well, I was hungry after 4:00 or 5:00 in the evening - - I found myself wanting to cheat, and I would grab another apple....enough with the tiny green apples. I'm going to juice a broccoli stock, a couple of carrots, do a little English muffin with honey, or be really good and just pop a few carrot slices - pretend they're candy.

Here's the deal: You take in less calories, you drink more water, you take out the salt, the fat, the massive amount of sugar, and the starches including the bread carbs and you're going to lose weight as long as you exercise properly. If you take in less calories than you burn you're going to lose weight. Nine pounds is nine pounds. I'll work that into the new phase of the diet. I'll get up eat a fruit, have some coffee and be on the HCG diet properly like I'm suppose to. I'll not snack, I'll have the chicken and/or white tuna, fruit, Melba toast, and veggies (one) for lunch, I can do that, but for dinner (no snacking in between) I'll juice some fruits and veggies, I'll eat a little salad, I'll mix my damn vegetables and if I don't eat meat I'll be FINE. I think I'll get 800 calories a day because I will do the yogurt with raspberries, and I'll detox with a great fiber drink 3 times a day. I have to get that 45 grams of fiber in me...it's all about the poop you know! Hahahaha...it's all about the poop.

OK, so let's go over this one more time: I'm in Phase Two of the HCG diet, but with adjustments. You're NOT using me as a role model, and I may not weigh myself. I may just let the jeans tell me if it's working or not. I may just let the whistles on the street tell me. I may just ask the dog how I look - I may not give a rat's ass, but I will be working on the belly fat, that much I know! LOL

3 comments:

Jesika said...

Haha this cracked me up, thanks for bringing some realistic humor to this diet :) I'm on day two of phase 1..yes, the last fat intake day and I'm loving it lol. But I'm dreading tomorrow... I'll save this page to my favorites and keep reading, I originally googled HCG and poop and yoir page came up first which is hilarous. Thx for the laughs and good luck! :D

Jay said...

Good stuff. Thank you so so much for sharing your knowledge with the world through the Internet. Wonderful blog and post you got here
HCG Diet
HCG Diet Drops

salehauxma said...

There have been days (when I follow the protocol to the letter) that I have lost 4 lbs in a day! YES 4 LBS!! and then stall and 2 days later another 2.5 lbs so you know what the diet DOES do what it promises. BUT I agree with the writer its impossible to not consume fat for soooo long in fact if your body goes into fat burning mode like its supposed to on this diet then if anything you should crave fat! so i cheat (using stock to cook my veggies!) and yes i lose 1 lb or 1/2 a lb per day but you know what that's STILL a much better rate than starving myself and gymming everyday rate which mathematically (500 (i eat) -500 (i burn)-1500 (daily caloric need) = -1500 and each pound of fat is 3500 calories)) would mean a lb per 3 days so you know what i'm happy! after a few days you get used to eating less anyway.