Monday, March 3, 2008

Love Potion Number 10



Do you remember the British (60's) song called "Love Potion #9?" This poor guy goes out to see a voodoo potion maker because he wants to be in love, or he wants the girl of his dreams to love him. He couldn't believe what he saw when he looked into the vial of mixture that he was suppose to drink, but drink it he did. He even broke the bottle as he dropped it, probably from the taste. Did it work? Of course it worked. He was seen kissing everything in sight..even a cop! I could do that - - as long as I had a really good excuse. I'd want the bottle intact so I could prove it. Well, get this: I was out on the internet today researching my new Wu-Yi tea. I was trying to make a comparison to the Gunpowder (Chinese) Green Tea that I've been drinking. Turns out there is a HOST of recipes for teas; even LOVE potions! Here, I copied it for you. This is verbatim:

"Love Potion Blend- Bring love to your surroundings by first honoring yourself, then direct your intention to that "special one you desire". This tea is an ancient recipe handed down through generations. The herbs are harvested during the full moon, when intention is greatest! They are then blended in a unique way, which draws out their exceptional powers to create a "potion" worth enjoying! Enjoy pink rose petals, lavender buds, mauira puama, ginger, red clover tops, elecampane, hibiscus and poppies! We catagorize this and other teas designed for love and romance in our Metaphsyical and/or Psycho-Metaphysical blends."

The herbs are harvested during the FULL MOON...of course they are. What better time to pick up a bunch of leaves, but in the dead of night! I would do that. I would, I would look at my watch and say "NOW! Pick them now!" in order to make sure that the full "intention" was properly harvested with the leaves themselves. Heaven forbid our love tea be harvested say around noon when everyone and their dog is out and about town paying bills, working on a project that has to meet the specific standards of one's boss...NO, MIDNIGHT...the Lover's Hour! LOL

I like the fact that these teas are categorized as psycho-metaphysical teas too. I usually find myself in a mystic evasive mood when I'm dancing around the fire sipping on hardcore Chinese green gunpowder (rolled) tea...I think that's tea, they told it it was tea...hey, are you guys trying something? That's my gunpowder tea right? Metaphysical...makes me think of gypsies, elves and little faeries doing their shimmering, sparkling, twinkling little foot-step dances on and about the dandelions just after the mist of the night dew has saturated my heart's mind...I swear, I was told it was tea. Let's dance.

OK...back to sitting upright in the office at the desk and typing out a blog or two. Nothing much more exciting going on in my life today other than taking the kids to work, buying pumpernickel for the fun of it, and challenging my dog Matrix to a licorice eating contest. I usually win. I think I'll...I think I'll..yeah, I think I'll go brew myself some tea.

No comments: