Saturday, August 25, 2007

Dancing my ARSE off!

That is exactly what I'm doing, and Cheap Trick, Journey, Kansas, Panic at the Disco, and Savage Garden are certainly doing their part! THANK GOD for Michael Buble, Phil Collins, Elton John, and John Mayer - they're the slower songs playing in my earphones. Every step, every move, jerk, thrust, and throw is helping me to not-so-secretly get to the point that I can get to the point! I don't need the photo of a size 6 pair of jeans on the frig making me covet the day I actually squeeze my size 12 body into them. I'm going for the 9. I'm just going for the 9, thank you. 9 is good. Good number....good size, and I get to be the woman I was meant to be, rather than the girl some think they need to achieve. No, I'll take the womanly life, thank you.

After what my daughter Caity told me about the penis judging contest she was involved in last night - I'll take the womanly life every time! Youth is for the young. If there is one thing I've learned from my erotica writing daughter Caity it's to be happy I don't get giddy over boys and their toys any longer. Now, I could conceivable see myself dancing on the kitchen tiles with Gary Alan, and if the man doesn't want to remember where he put his pants, I'm not going to judge him. I'm probably going to thank him a little later - never judge...never judge.

When I reached for my jeans today I was very very pleasantly pleased that they slipped on a little easier. They even wiggled about the waist - for that, I thank Boston, Kansas, Foreigner, I even thank Loreena McKennett - that woman's voice can cause you to do some really deep rolling squats that work out every tiny, itty-bitty muscle you wish you hadn't found near and around your gluts....slowly the music is working. Slowly the moves are showing up, showing off, and giving me that much more reason to sweat happily - draping over the bed exhausted isn't nearly as deadly as it used to be. The dog is even mildly entertained by me now. That overtly concerned look in his eyes has all but disappeared.

I really should be a little less open about this - after all - you are the world that I'm talking to. You are the world wide web - are you listening? Have I gotten your attention yet? Hey, I'm getting thinner, and I'm just letting the blood pump a little harder and a little longer these days to get that done....9 is good for my height.....besides, too thin isn't even sexy and after 8 and 1/2 years - sexy can be a good thing again. If you're one of the world people who have the same problems I did - get an Mp3, load it up, wear something loose, get a lot of water (room temp) and a yoga mat. Stay within the confines of the mat as not to hurt yourself or throw yourself through an open window by accident. Plant those thoughts of sveltness firmly in your head, communicate to your body the very vision that you imagine it to be - and DANCEEEE! DANCE! DANNNNNNCCCCCEEEE! and then..smile.

No comments: